• Help Support TNDeer:

Rage

Do a search on Rage...sore subject for the folks that don't shoot them...LOL

It's been argued debated many times over the years

Oh and btw, best broad head on the market hands down!

RackRocker said:
Beardendy88 said:
Have any of you guys used rage broadheads before? I'm thinking oh switching from muzzy mx-3
Don't do it! If want something different shoot slick tricks
Unless you have money and time to waste, why fix something that's not broke?

If you're OK with the muzzies, stick with them. They're good heads and have proven the test of time. Dollar against a donut says the "Rage" head won't be around in 10 years, but the Muzzy line will still be on the market.

By the way, over the past few years I've done more than a bit of research on several makes of expandable heads. From an overall perspective, I'd recommend any of the Spitfires over any of the latest Rages.

I'm sure rage are fine broadheads. I have shot rocky mountain snypers for years with great success. They were the original "rage" until rage bought their design. I have killed several deer with them and have been very pleased with them. Matter of fact before they quit making them I bought up all I could get and several extra replacement blades.

Wes Parrish said:
RackRocker said:
Beardendy88 said:
Have any of you guys used rage broadheads before? I'm thinking oh switching from muzzy mx-3
Don't do it! If want something different shoot slick tricks
Unless you have money and time to waste, why fix something that's not broke?

If you're OK with the muzzies, stick with them. They're good heads and have proven the test of time. Dollar against a donut says the "Rage" head won't be around in 10 years, but the Muzzy line will still be on the market.

By the way, over the past few years I've done more than a bit of research on several makes of expandable heads. From an overall perspective, I'd recommend any of the Spitfires over any of the latest Rages.

I'll take that bet. Rage bought Muzzy.

Beardendy88 said:
Well I'll narrow down the arguement. Mechanical or fixed? I hear mechanical cut better put sometimes fail to deploy

I have never had a problem with deployment. I prefer mechanical because they fly like a field point yet still give you excellent cutting diameter.

Ive been shooting rage for 2 seasons....i had mixed results....the deer i did recover had gaping holes and fell in sight.....but last season i lost 3 deer.....and filmed my brother shooting a doe through the boiler room....that deer walked by me a week later with 2 wounds one on each side the left side wound was dead nuts where id aim every time to kill a deer the other side slightly lower....it was a zombie deer i think

I've never killed a deer with a bow but Im going to use fixed when I get my bow. Why? You hit the deer right it's dead. You dont need a broadhead that will chop the deer in half. An arrow through the heart or lungs is a dead deer fixed or mechanical. If a broadhead malfunctions, the arrow might not even make it to the deer.

But what do I know :)

I believe any sharp broadhead will kill a deer if you hit it in the right spot. I have shot many different broadheads; Muzzy 120 gr 3 blade, Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade, Muzzy mx4's, Rocket Broadheads,Rocky MTN Titanium's(best fixed blade head I ever shot) ect, ect. IMO I wouldn't trade any for the Rage,so far. Made a few bad hits on a few deer with the Rage that I'm not proud of and the deer still fell within sight. Great penetration and blood trails. Never had a problem shooting at angles either. JMO.

Latest posts

Back