• Help Support TNDeer:

Rage

TN Whitetail Freak said:
......that deer walked by me a week later with 2 wounds one on each side the left side wound was dead nuts where id aim every time to kill a deer the other side slightly lower....it was a zombie deer i think
Too far to shoot at? Reason I ask is she would have had a bounty on her head after your brother's shot, mainly just so I could get my hands on her and investigate your brother's shot and possibly learn a thing or two.

i shot rages and liked them alot. but that being said im not into a one shot head, all three of mine were spent. i have meatseekers now and i have a bps card for my bday, im looking at g5 t3s next

Just about all today's sharp well built heads will do the job. In the end, it all comes down to what you can afford and where you put the shot.

Heck, field points will kill a deer if you hit it perfectly.
(highly discouraged BTW)

Hillbilly Hunter said:
Anything mechanical can and will fail at some point.
Based on what I've read, the Rage is more likely to fail you than some of the other mechanical heads, which is why I've not participated in this latest rage.
Many, many hunters have been very happy with the Rage head, killing multiple deer without any problems ---- then it happens ---- and they no longer trust a head that failed them.

I just went online to a very popular website for purchasing broadheads, and checked the customer feedback on the most popular Rage head. On a scale of 1 (worst) to 5 (best) there were 408 customer reviews with an average customer rating of 3.9.

This compared to (on the same website) the popular Spitfire mechanical having 170 customer reviews with an average customer rating of 4.4.

By contrast, the popular 3-blade Muzzy fixed blade head had 265 customer reviews with an average rating of 4.6.

What's more, the reviews were much more consistent with the Spitfires and Muzzies, where most users would consistently give these heads either a 4 or a 5-star rating. But with the Rage mechanicals, the reviews had quite a few 1 and 2-star ratings averaging against lots of 5-star ratings, suggesting that many users loved the Rage, until it totally disappointed them.

Beardendy88 said:
RackRocker said:
Beardendy88 said:
Have any of you guys used rage broadheads before? I'm thinking oh switching from muzzy mx-3
Don't do it! If want something different shoot slick tricks
Did you have a bad experience with them?
Yes sir I do. I drew back on a nice doe a couple year ago only to see a blade had became loose. That was enough for me.

With a good fixed head there is nothing left to chance, that alone ends the debate for me!! Why would I ever introduce a possible problem (mechanical head) into my setup, when its totally unneccessary and not needed at all!
And yes I have been involved with many many deer shot with both fixed heads and mechanicals, even helped track a few shot with the Rage heads. Bottom line is a bad shot is a bad shot regardless of head! Mechanicals are a band aid or cover up for poor bow or arrow tuning however!

I can't claim to be any expert.. I'm just now getting back in to bowhunting. But I think I will personally be sticking with a fixed broahead. With a properly tuned bow, they will fly good and hit where you're aiming. I don't have to worry about whether a fixed blade is going to properly deploy. I don't have to worry about rubberbands.

It's fun to shoot the latest, greatest stuff but if it aint broke, don't fix it.

The only problem I had with the rages were them coming open all the time. Esp if you are walking with an arrow in hand or one in a crossbow while walking. For that reason (and Money) i went back to the muzzy. The rage does do a number on them though...

Latest posts

Back