• Help Support TNDeer:

Rage

BowGuy84 said:
Lots of good points. I'll say this, a gut shot I want a large diameter head like the rage. Shoulder hit I want a good fix blade.

Trying the kill zone this year to see if the tip makes a difference in penetration and no o-ring

I miss understood this at first and got a good laugh! :D . Gut shot, then shoulder hit, followed by trying the kill zone comment! Lol

The o ring clarified it though ;)

I have killed 4 or 5 with the rage 2 blade they all fell within sight.The thing I like about the rage the most is the noise they make when they hit a rib cage.Chuck Adams is paid to say its like throwing an axe through a animal.And well thats exactly what it sounds like.

I took 2 down with a rage 2 blade last yr and they never made it past 30yds so in that aspect they are great. However I think I missed a better opportunity at shooting at a 9pt I had been hunting because a blade came loose which caused me to fool with it a few seconds before I could draw. That is a major design flaw with the original rage. Now they have improved their design with the chisel tip broadhead and the addition on the shock collar which holds the blades in. After seeing those I stuck with rage and love the improvements... Yes the shock collar fits on the chisel tip (confirmed by rage as well) but you have to buy them seperate. It only come on the new Xtreme but that doesn't have the new tip and I believe the chisel tip is what is gonna have much better success at sholder blade shots. Guess we shall see how the reviews are when the season gets started.

Guy's I am sorry to all of you who love Muzzy and hate Rage. (I personally don't have a problem with either. I shoot a Grim Reaper.) But Rage just bought Muzzy not to long ago. So looks like Y'all are step brothers now! :grin:

Latest posts

Back