• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Rain chance

Im replanting saturday
IMG_4927.webp

Yes, it's looking like no rain after this weekend for at least a week. The tropical low that was expected to form in the gulf and move up to TN isn't going to materialize after all.
Models now have it along the Florida Atlantic Coast, bypassing us and drawing cooler but very dry air into the MidSouth from the New England States.

I dug a hole to set an anchor post for a new shoothouse last weekend. Didn't hit ANY soil moisture until over 30in deep.
Going to take a LOT of rain to recharge the soil. Don't expect soil moisture to be back to normal until winter.

I'm going to hold off on planting this weekend. It looks like a decent chance of rain Saturday, and I can't get away from work today or tomorrow to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to get everything planted ahead of the rain.

I disked all my plots a few weeks ago, and the dust was bad then. I know it will be terrible now until there is some moisture in the soil. I'm hoping to get some rain this weekend, then plant ahead of the next rain.

I'm going to hold off on planting this weekend. It looks like a decent chance of rain Saturday, and I can't get away from work today or tomorrow to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to get everything planted ahead of the rain.

I disked all my plots a few weeks ago, and the dust was bad then. I know it will be terrible now until there is some moisture in the soil. I'm hoping to get some rain this weekend, then plant ahead of the next rain.
The following weekend looks better than this weekend. Although, that's been the trend all summer. The good rain will be the following week's rain. Then the following week gets here and the models turn that rain into a sprinkle. :mad:

I got .25in at my house in south MS this afternoon.

Better than nothing, as I've only had 0.15in since 3rd week of July here. Water bill from watering the landscape is gonna be over $150 this month

My buddy is drilling the 6ac I sprayed last weekend right now. Plan to plant the rest end of the week next week IF we get rain this weekend and the 2nd rain event is forecast for next weekend.

I still think this midweek rain most of the Accuweather type software products are suggesting is way overoptimistic, but we shall see. If we get it, I'll be dancing a jig.

I still think this midweek rain most of the Accuweather type software products are suggesting is way overoptimistic, but we shall see. If we get it, I'll be dancing a jig.
I added water to the pool while I was on the tractor this morning, slightly overfilled it. Watered the tomatoes and peppers yesterday. It looks like we are about to get a storm here.

Back