• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Rain chance

0.32" Friday
0.01" Saturday
0.05" Sunday

0.38" isn't going to go very far. 0.51" for the entire month of August.

We got a slow drizzle rain overnight and it's been off and on today. I'm tilling and planting tomorrow at my property and supposed to be more rain Wed-Fri.

I tilled and planted behind my house 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Just wondering if I should reseed over it as well and till over the top or if the seed I put in the ground 2 weeks ago will take off with the rain we've gotten and the more (hopefully) that's coming this week.

I tilled and planted behind my house 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Just wondering if I should reseed over it as well and till over the top or if the seed I put in the ground 2 weeks ago will take off with the rain we've gotten and the more (hopefully) that's coming this week.
Was the seed incorporated into the soil or just left on top?

I would wait a few days and see if that seed germinates. If it's going to, it should do so fairly quickly with the sunny, warm weather after the rain.

Was the seed incorporated into the soil or just left on top?

I would wait a few days and see if that seed germinates. If it's going to, it should do so fairly quickly with the sunny, warm weather after the rain.
I always till over the top to make a good bed for the seeds to germinate.

We got soaked today after a good rain yesterday. Pic from this afternoon

Attachments

• IMG_1881.webp
    IMG_1881.webp
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1877.webp
    IMG_1877.webp
    354.3 KB · Views: 1
All of the models are now removing the mid-week rain for West TN. Several models still have it for East TN.

In fact, for West TN, no rain in the long-range models (15 days).

All of the models are now removing the mid-week rain for West TN. Several models still have it for East TN.

In fact, for West TN, no rain in the long-range models (15 days).
Just saw that, guess today is gonna be a shop day instead of a plot day. Gotta another .22" yesterday though.

I watch direct weather on YouTube. Usually daily updates and often compares us to euro models.

He has Sept being cooler than average, but much drier than average for TN.

But... increased chance for a tropical system in the gulf. Gonna need one of those in Sept if my plots will have a chance to do well.

Well it rained but only .21 and now like others had said looks like midweek rain is toast. I expect to get a little germination and then no rain for two weeks will cook the little sprouts

I used to take a screen shot for the 10 day forecast to compare. That same forecast would completely change as the day to day forecast came up. It amazes me that they are going to scare the living hell out of people with their doom & gloom predictions for 100 years from now, and the can't predict what's happening 10 days from now accurately.

Well it rained but only .21 and now like others had said looks like midweek rain is toast. I expect to get a little germination and then no rain for two weeks will cook the little sprouts
That's what I'm expecting as well. Just enough rain to germinate plots and then the death-knell of continued drought.

Latest posts

Back