• Help Support TNDeer:

Saw a FLW pro Saturday

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
We were leaving the 1,000 acre lake and he was putting in at the same time.
(Oh and just a tip for any pros that might be on here, if you launch your boat go to the other side of the pier and beach your boat, or tie to the pier one, because when you power pole down on the ramp right beside your trailer and leave it there while you park your truck it makes you look like a jerk)
Anyway, he had a VERY nice Ranger boat. :D
Jay Kendrick
From Grant Alabama
#62 in the 2018 angler of the year standings.
3 years as a FLW pro
103 events fished
$182,702 career earnings
1 tournament win
9 top 10 finishes
1 cup appearance
Just thought that was cool and made me wonder why he was there? I mean KY lake I understand but the 1,000 acre lake?
I had never heard of him but apparently he is doing pretty good.

Oddly enough he is the second pro I have seen at this lake.
Saw Randy Howell there last year. He was filming a commercial with his son from what the people in the office told me.

Anyway, just thought that was neat to see.
As he was walking back to his boat I noticed he had another hat in his hand, he gave it to a kid that was fishing on the pier, that was pretty neat too.

That is odd.. unless he was meeting his girlfriend on the far end of the lake.. what would the point be??
About like the time a group of us went to Cade's cove.. oh look.. a deer.. 14 cars pile up and everyone freaks out.. o look a squirrel.. snap snap snap... of look a old barn.. click click click.. I just don't get it.. lol

pressfit":2vuqhva5 said:
That is odd.. unless he was meeting his girlfriend on the far end of the lake.. what would the point be??

Talked to another buddy of mine this morning and he reminded me that the FLW will be on KY lake this coming weekend.
I assume he is in town for that and since he can't be on KY lake yet, coupled with the fact that the 1,000 acre lake got recognized by a LOT of pros due to the high school championship being held there this past year, I rekon he just wanted to check it out.

The KY lake FLW tournament is this weekend and think that practice started yesterday. He was probably there a day early and decided to go fishing somewhere. Some of them do this a lot when they get somewhere a day early to official practice and have nothing else to do.

I saw you and Man there Saturday. I tried to catch up and speak to you, but the Minnow blew out of there at light speed before I could get down the ramp. I parked beside ya'lls red Chevy. Me and my son put in just after ya'll did. We were in our highly luxurious 1985 model 14 ft. alumacraft with the super high speed 15 hp evinrude. We managed to do pretty good for the first two hours, then the bite slowed way down after that for us.

StalkingWolf":18uvhznw said:
I saw you and Man there Saturday. I tried to catch up and speak to you, but the Minnow blew out of there at light speed before I could get down the ramp. I parked beside ya'lls red Chevy. Me and my son put in just after ya'll did. We were in our highly luxurious 1985 model 14 ft. alumacraft with the super high speed 15 hp evinrude. We managed to do pretty good for the first two hours, then the bite slowed way down after that for us.

Well durn I hate that man, would have liked to of talked to ya!!
I think I remember seeing you back in while my son was parking the truck.
I gotta keep the Minnow skint back or I get too wet, especially if the winds blowing very hard. LOL

My son put a beat down on them out on the flat the first hour and a half or so and then they slowed quite a bit for us too.
We finally found them again in the back of war eagle cove and that's where I caught most of my fish.

Latest posts

Back