• Help Support TNDeer:

Should we even worry about CWD anymore?

Fairchaser, nature IS the magic cure. Research is already showing that some deer are developing resistance. We can identify those deer and transplant them into other areas since this feature is definitely hereditable.

PLEASE READ THIS LAST SENTENCE FROM THE ARTICLE

As a result, some individuals are more durable when presented with the prion proteins that cause CWD, and these are the animals nature will select for as disease prevalence increases. This suggests reacting to CWD by aggressively removing all animals from the landscape, or depopulating farmed herds, could cause more harm than good by indiscriminately killing individuals highly resistant to CWD.
I agree. you know, it like humans. When your exposed to say the yearly flu, if you're a healthy individual, your system build up a resistance to it, just like being exposed to covid, immune system learns to build up a resistance to it, instead of a unproven deadly chemical vaccine that does nothing to help your immune system.

A 4 year old article in a bow hunting magazine and it's not cured yet? lot of half baked theories out there but 1 thing is certain, they die when they get it, coming to a herd near you soon 😝

if i had to guess you are voting for Kamala!!! correct!!!!
Are you so stupid you dont realize when you are being played on your own stupidity? Like this whole thread?
IMG_4295.webp

I agree. you know, it like humans. When your exposed to say the yearly flu, if you're a healthy individual, your system build up a resistance to it, just like being exposed to covid, immune system learns to build up a resistance to it, instead of a unproven deadly chemical vaccine that does nothing to help your immune system.
Resistance to prions isn't an immune response, its more of a genetic predisposition that prevents infection. What current research is showing that deer with certain alleles, specifically 96S and 95H will still die but the time it takes to show signs of disease is longer and infection rates appear lower compared to deer with other alleles such as "96GG deer [which] are infected at 3 to 4 times the rate of animals with at least one copy of 96S." These deer will live longer than others even if they die prematurely. Another way to look at this is that prions are like puzzle pieces which must fit together with a protein. Depending on the alleles present, the shape of the proteins in one deer may not be as good of a fit for a prion as the proteins in a deer with different alleles. The presence of these alleles is a good thing, as scenarios which limit the average age of deer herds based on CWD prevalence my allow for older deer than may be the case in the absence of the alleles. A younger herd may be a good worst case scenario under the circumstances, but this more of a 50 year problem than a 5 year problem.

alot of posts been disappearing on this thread!! crazy how it works. if it's against policy it's illegal!! true or not!! if it fits the twra agenda its a ok!!

Back