• Help Support TNDeer:

Squirrels Cutting Already

Plateau Hunter

Found where squirrels are already cutting on buckeyes today…seems early…but here they are…

Attachments

• IMG_2679.webp
    IMG_2679.webp
    219.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2680.webp
    IMG_2680.webp
    189.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2678.webp
    IMG_2678.webp
    454.8 KB · Views: 1
It may be a week or two early.
I've learned over the years, as I try and age gracefully- that these kinds things sneak up on me more often.

Nearly every year, I find myself thinking the same thing you posted, 'Isn't is early for them to be cutting?"

👍

They've been cutting pecans for a couple weeks here. Need to get busy and finish the refresh of an inherited Mossberg 46B(b). Reblue, strip and refinish the stock. With a cheap Tasco scope (Walmart, $7 several years ago) it is a tack driver. Not bad for a .22 made from 1947-1949. I could use my Glenfield M20 if push comes to shove, but the scope is on "her" Henry youth model lever action.

Never tried squirrel hunting, but need to thin them out here, they are out of control. Hickory nuts all over around my shed, many chewed on.

They got into my open shed and chewed ends off some sets of antlers.

I usually wait until after an October cold front. Most people would be hunting deer, but I'll manage a couple of mornings or afternoon hunts for bushytails.

Acorns are done hitting the ground in Greene county. And trees are full. Early fall is going to happen it seems. Not soon enough for me.

I hope squirrels see in black and white, I got a very nice upland vest for hunting and I assume they would notice movement regardless of the color. Figured I needed a orange vest with game pockets though for when deer season starts and I'm out hunting squirrels. Idk if i'll even get to get a deer this year with no high caliber rifle or anybody to hunt with to show me how its done.
1723246947239.webp

I hope squirrels see in black and white, I got a very nice upland vest for hunting and I assume they would notice movement regardless of the color. Figured I needed an orange vest with game pockets though for when deer season starts and I'm out hunting squirrels. Idk if i'll even get to get a deer this year with no high caliber rifle or anybody to hunt with to show me how its done. View attachment 238283
Nice vest, but I wouldn't wear it for squirrel hunting…they seem like they can see bright colors to me…

Latest posts

Back