• Help Support TNDeer:

Third Saturday in October

The illegal substation/fake injury made the college football final highlights too. 😄
As bad as it looked, DeBoer was upset because the refs did not hold up the snap as they should have so he tried to get creative. Doesn't look like they've practiced that move. The refs screwed up by not holding the snap. Bama was correctly penalized because one player came off then the same player came back on to do the fake.

Why should the refs hold the snap? Looked like the subs had been made on both sides and they were set to snap, then Bama tried to make a last second change. At least that's what it looked like to me.
I keep seeing it said both teams subbed. THIS WAS A NEW POSSESSION. There were no subs by offense
They brought 11 off the sideline to begin play. The ref stood over ball to get started and play clock started then UT goes to the line that's when the defensive team decided they wanted different people in game
IF the offense would have changed personnel then refs should have allowed the additional time for Defense but,again, the offense DID NOT SUB ANYONE

Defense just got caught with their pants down and looked like idiots pushing the player and getting player to fake injury.

Why should the refs hold the snap? Looked like the subs had been made on both sides and they were set to snap, then Bama tried to make a last second change. At least that's what it looked like to me.
It was after the change of a possession and the defense is allowed to complete substitutions after the offense has put their personnel in formation. I don't think the refs gave Alabama sufficient time. It looked like an assistant sent the player back in to fake while DeBoer was calling a timeout. If the refs were wrong on not allowing proper time, DeBoer should have called timeout and after discussion, been granted his timeout back but there is never any telling what the refs would do.

From NCAA rules:

II. After a change of team possession or any timeout, the ball is declared ready
for play. When Team A has completed its offensive formation, Team B must
promptly position its personnel. Team B will be allowed time to complete
substitutions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back