• Help Support TNDeer:

Third Saturday in October

OR ALABAMA Defense is gonna connect with Pick 6.

People are chirping about how vols defense is keeping in them in the game but no one is talking about how good ALABAMA defense is playing in compared to recent weeks. MUCH improved.

ALABAMA is keeping the vols defense spread all over the field. Milroe being dual threat is pushing them right and left and throwing deep and short and you can see they are getting gassed.

ALABAMA needs to fix the self inflicted wounds. Lets do this !

IMG_7471.webp

Alabama lost 26 players to the portal when Saban left. DeBoer did a good job bringing in replacements when the portal opened for Bama to go after them but it was still a net loss. They are also playing more freshmen than they otherwise would have. The offense and defense are new systems with new coaches and players that are still learning.

DeBoer said a couple of weeks ago that he has only implemented about 50% of his offense (I don't know what that really means). I think the offense will develop but maybe only a little more this season. I'm not sold on the defense yet but maybe it is a matter of getting the right players. There is a lot in play between transfers, new systems, and new coaches and plenty of reasons why this transition year is "a bit shaky". I'm hoping DeBoer brings the team around over the next couple of years. I'm trying not to get too anxious about this first season though I am a little disappointed so far.

Let me pull some receipts :)
For someone who like to keep and pull "receipts" so much you sure leave a lot yourself. Especially in this thread 😂. Also your "receipts" mess is the biggest one you leave every single time. You were wrong pretty much about every single thing you said in this game. Nothing new to see here

He was for sure pressured but he just seemed WAY "off" even when not pressured. He made several mistakes. #2 just couldn't get his footing. He slipped and fell on his own several times. One of those hits he took after catching the ball drew blood. If you looked at his jersey, there was blood splatter/drops on the Nike check side of it.

You gotta remember, they barely escaped Georgia and South Carolina with wins. If not for them intercepting the ball in the end zones, Bama would be a 4 loss team right now. Something has been off since after that 1st half in the GA game. It's like that Bama team got on the bus at half time, left, and never came back. Something has got to be done about the penalties. 15 in this game alone. You can't keep gifting the other team free yards and downs.

Milroe caught a pass and got hit? I must have missed that. I do remember seeing blood on a players jersey tho.
CT was referring to Milroe initially but was referring to #2 on offense (Williams) about the catch and blood.

(Maybe he should have just said, "the 17-year-old"... :)

Alabama lost 26 players to the portal when Saban left. DeBoer did a good job bringing in replacements when the portal opened for Bama to go after them but it was still a net loss. They are also playing more freshmen than they otherwise would have. The offense and defense are new systems with new coaches and players that are still learning.

DeBoer said a couple of weeks ago that he has only implemented about 50% of his offense (I don't know what that really means). I think the offense will develop but maybe only a little more this season. I'm not sold on the defense yet but maybe it is a matter of getting the right players. There is a lot in play between transfers, new systems, and new coaches and plenty of reasons why this transition year is "a bit shaky". I'm hoping DeBoer brings the team around over the next couple of years. I'm trying not to get too anxious about this first season though I am a little disappointed so far.
The portal is what hurt bama. I think DeBoer will be fine once he has time to recover from so many leaving.

Yep. Every single team will be reaping the destructive force of the portal taking players from them I believe. Going to be harder to have a "dynasty" program going forward under this new system.
That's why Saban got out. 'Developing' the player was his system. You can't work a 4 year plan of development if the kid is gone after one season. The NIL and portal have collectively ruined traditional college football, IMHO.

Latest posts

Back