• Help Support TNDeer:

This will makes you cry

@Popcorn i also started to treat from the shoreline around the edge to get rid of pond "muck". All the dying leaves and stuff that fall in the pond.
I take care of several ponds, some are easy, some are a pain. Owners dont want them dyed but one in particular has become impossible and I was thinking about using black dye and coloring a little at a time. Most just require a little shoreline maintenance like you said

I take care of several ponds, some are easy, some are a pain. Owners dont want them dyed but one in particular has become impossible and I was thinking about using black dye and coloring a little at a time. Most just require a little shoreline maintenance like you said
They make little packages like tide pods you can toss out there. Just toss near any area that has "flow" to help spread or do it on a windy day and add a little with the wind and let it move it. Any reason why they don't want to add dye?

They make little packages like tide pods you can toss out there. Just toss near any area that has "flow" to help spread or do it on a windy day and add a little with the wind and let it move it. Any reason why they don't want to add dye?
They like the natural green of a healthy pond, unfortunately their 5 acre pond is brown microbiology dominant but the problem pond is shallow with no structure. It stays clear, I have fertilized it to no avail, limed it to adjust ph, treat water plants annually and battle algea all summer. I have got them to agree to raising the spillway and installing a outflow pipe, that will get another 18 inches of depth but we still are less than 10 at the deepest and an overall average of less than 8 ft. I am adding aeration and structure as well but in the end the pond is too shallow

Latest posts

Back