• Help Support TNDeer:

TN/Kent State

Do you think the onside kick was just for practice running the play? I think that and the pooch kicks were the only times we haven't kicked it out of the end zone this year.

Do you think the onside kick was just for practice running the play? I think that and the pooch kicks were the only times we haven't kicked it out of the end zone this year.
I've heard two things, going to do it on the third kick off regardless, practice.
Kicker was taught automatically on side kick if receiving team plays that far back from the ball.
Either way execution worked

The TV broadcast made it sound like it was a call on the field when they saw that return lineup with the enormous hole in it- good to get practice in I guess
Who knows, you would think the return team lines up that way the entire time, if the coaching staff seen it on film as the announcers described, sounds like it was planned . Seems like to me that you just kick deep up 30 to 0. I could have seen doing after the first or second score but up 30.to 0 and seeing this team was really bad, no thanks. This is absolutely the most complete team TN has had in years . Both sides of the ball are deep with talent and I can see them definitely competing to win the SEC and a national championship. Keeping injuries to the minimum will be the key. Go Vols!!!!

Who knows, you would think the return team lines up that way the entire time, if the coaching staff seen it on film as the announcers described, sounds like it was planned . Seems like to me that you just kick deep up 30 to 0. I could have seen doing after the first or second score but up 30.to 0 and seeing this team was really bad, no thanks. This is absolutely the most complete team TN has had in years . Both sides of the ball are deep with talent and I can see them definitely competing to win the SEC and a national championship. Keeping injuries to the minimum will be the key. Go Vols!!!!
Definitely, probably a mix of both- coaches told them if you see this, you can kick onside. But again, up 30 don't know that it was necessary. I said on a TN board last night I wasn't wild about it, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Maybe it'll pay off later in the year if we really need an inside kick.

Latest posts

Back