• Help Support TNDeer:

Tough bite on WB

nitro_z17

spent 6 hours on watts bar today, caught 6 LM in the last hour after going to a black and blue chatterbait with a black swim bait trailer. In 12-20 feet of water, nothing over 2lb tho

I was gonna go to Norris today, but I thought we were supposed to have storms all day. Been grumbling all day cause I lost a good opportunity . Glad you caught some.

larry ipock":y1fjqzsn said:
I was gonna go to Norris today, but I thought we were supposed to have storms all day. Been grumbling all day cause I lost a good opportunity . Glad you caught some.
ya im tired of the weatherman costing me fishing time. if theres no watch/warning im going fishing lol

I went to Chick yesterday. It was tough. We caught a few when they flowed some water early in the morning but when they shut it off it went dead.

That place was crazy crowded early but slowed after lunch some. I've never fished a place that had as many inconsiderate fishermen. Guys will pull up 30 yards in front of you and start fishing.

Ha! I'm not staying home.

On our next to last stop we were 10-15 yards from the point and there was 2 boats across the main creek arm from us. One of them cranks up with his trolling motor still down and comes straight at us. I told my buddy that guy is fixing to screw us. Sure enough he pulls right in front us 10-15 yards on the other side of the point. He knew he was doing wrong... wouldn't even look our direction. In my younger years I probably would have lost it... I mean it wasn't like he couldn't see us working that point since we were coming straight towards him and all the boats on that "T" had been there for 15-20 minutes. On about his 3rd cast he sent his crankbait up in the trees. I did laugh a little... I mean we were right behind him at this point and I saw it and heard him cursing. He got mad and broke it off and left. About 3 cast later I saw something shinning in the tree and we went over there and I reached up and hooked it in my top guide... brand new spro little Jon. It didn't even have any scuffs on the bill. He had to have just tied it on before he jumped us.

I don't know if it'll be that long. People have been bringing them back for years in tourneys when they lock down. It won't take but a few 10's showing up pretty regular for people to flood the lake.

I read an article about a company that started last year who is spraying grass on WB. If they start killing it as soon as it starts growing good then it's going to hurt the Florida strain. It may never happen on WB like it did Chick if that happens. The best we can hope for is for WB, Loudon and Kentucky all explode at the same time to even out some of the pressure. It's hard to believe Chick has held up as well as it has.

SilverFox":1jjogy0i said:
Ha! I'm not staying home.

On our next to last stop we were 10-15 yards from the point and there was 2 boats across the main creek arm from us. One of them cranks up with his trolling motor still down and comes straight at us. I told my buddy that guy is fixing to screw us. Sure enough he pulls right in front us 10-15 yards on the other side of the point. He knew he was doing wrong... wouldn't even look our direction. In my younger years I probably would have lost it... I mean it wasn't like he couldn't see us working that point since we were coming straight towards him and all the boats on that "T" had been there for 15-20 minutes. On about his 3rd cast he sent his crankbait up in the trees. I did laugh a little... I mean we were right behind him at this point and I saw it and heard him cursing. He got mad and broke it off and left. About 3 cast later I saw something shinning in the tree and we went over there and I reached up and hooked it in my top guide... brand new spro little Jon. It didn't even have any scuffs on the bill. He had to have just tied it on before he jumped us.

:tu:
Seems like common courtesies aren't common any more. Unbelievable boating behavior on Norris since the "Buckeye Navy" got "transferred" to Norris from Lake Cumberland.

Back