• Help Support TNDeer:

Tough bite this morning

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Started off after bass and my best friend (who is not a fisherman) caught his first, then second bass, of his life.
That was what I went for today so I was happy.

I hung one and my line broke on the hookset.
I casted his bait out to the same spot and gave him the rod back.
Sure enough he caught one and I could see just the eye of the hook sticking out of it's throat and sure enough it had the same color line left attached to the hook as I was using. :D

I just left it in because I knew if I tried to get it out it would die for sure.
Maybe it will survive, dunno.
I have heard the hook rusts away quickly but I dunno.

Then we went after bream / shellcracker and I caught a few keepers but nothing to really blow your skirt up about.
Just a tough morning.

Ribeyes and a fillet gonna hit the grill tonight though so it's all good.

Well that's more fun than I had. I had to put a new AC belt tensioner pulley on my suburban. It broke yesterday coming home and snapped the AC belt.
Glad to hear you guys caught some fish this morning. I'm going to try to take my family fishing after church tomorrow morning.
That's awesome that you put your friend on his first bass.

My buddy caught two small bass at priest but I got skunked. I had a hard hit but it popped off, after eating my plastic worm. Anyway it was good to get out, but it got hot fast.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

that kind of puts to rest the old "sore mouth" myth. water has been real muddy here. im definately convinced my employer controls the weather because every week of vaction ive taken the last couple of years has ended up like crap.

its never too late to introduce someone to fishing.

Latest posts

Back