• Help Support TNDeer:

Vols/sooners

Great win, I didnt care for the going conservative play calling. But in thinking about it TN needed this type of game and gameplan. O line got some quality work against a really good D line, clock management for coaching staff. Defense got some value in facing some good receivers and getting after the qb and shutting down the run (although OU O line has been in a shake up all season so far). And Nico running backs and rcvrs needed this also OU secondary didnt give UT much, Nico needed the pressure OU brought, RBs needed the fast defense that challenged UT O line, and the rcvrs needed reps against a secondary that could run with them. So overall a great win - taking out OU in Norman at night is big any season.

Good win for UT. No doubt that they keep getting better every season. I'm still not sold on OU, as they are a year or two behind UTe and have several more gaps ( including the most important position on the field), but Norman is a tough place to play when the fans and team are amped up like they were.

UT needed this win. Great job CJH. We can't play with our hair on fire all the time. 16pt lead going into half, patchwork O line, RS freshman QB, awful field, best D we've had since Chavis, playing against another really good D. I know it's not much fun but would've been too risky to keep up the pace. I guess that's why we aren't big time college football coaches. UT controlled every minute; it was never in doubt. I enjoyed the heck out of this one.

6AD049C5-BE1A-4CD7-96EE-AD51A5A93F13.webp
Idk how it came across on TV but that atmosphere was awesome! Wife and I were surrounded by Sooner fans but I've gotta admit they were all top notch as well. Not one cross word was said around us the whole game and most of them congratulated us before they left. Go Vols!

View attachment 244013Idk how it came across on TV but that atmosphere was awesome! Wife and I were surrounded by Sooner fans but I've gotta admit they were all top notch as well. Not one cross word was said around us the whole game and most of them congratulated us before they left. Go Vols!
Same here..I can't tell you how many ou fans actually thanked us for being there. Very classy imo. We had a much, much different experience in Gainesville last year.

Latest posts

Back