• Help Support TNDeer:

Weather Forecast

HOOK

My area has been in drought but, looks like it may receive up to 1.5" in the next 6 days. Should I plant now or hold off for better rain?
WX829.webp

Attachments

• WX829.webp
    WX829.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 1
My area has been in drought but, looks like it may receive up to 1.5" in the next 6 days. Should I plant now or hold off for better rain?
View attachment 241023
Forecasting summer thunderstorms is an effort in futility, but those forecast you posted look WAY over optimistic. All three major models have no more than a half inch for the Jackson to Nashville corridor this weekend, and some less than that. They have no rain in the forecast for the middle of the week. They ARE forecasting around an inch the following weekend though.

Yeah, that's my thought and I'll be out of town for next week. I guess I'll make up my mind when I get up in the morning lol. I've had seeds sit on the ground as long as the month before rain with no problems.

Yeah, that's my thought and I'll be out of town for next week. I guess I'll make up my mind when I get up in the morning lol.
Sounds like you and I make decisions with the same timing! I'll see how I feel when I get up in the morning!

Am at least going to go LOOK at my plots tomorrow and see what they look like. Good excuse to check cameras as well.

I've had seeds sit on the ground as long as the month before rain with no problems.
Really? That's good to know, because mine has been on the ground (under thatch) for 3 weeks.

Ok….its to hit and miss and unorganized. Knowing my location it's more than likely miss, so I'm holding off. But I'm still taking the day off!!!!! :D

I hear you!
Well…ended up going. Got finished and it's raining like gang busters….at my house not at the farm. Most of the afternoon huge clouds formed and rain got as close as a quarter mile, I was pushing it get done. Nevertheless, the rain never got there. And that's the way it goes. Now I'll just start holding my breath.

Got 0.32". Thrilled to have it, but we need more. Lots more! We still have Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning to hope for.

Been raining for 4 hours, hope it continues. First time on 11 acres of seed that's been under heavy thatch for 3 weeks, good experiment.

Been raining for 4 hours, hope it continues. First time on 11 acres of seed that's been under heavy thatch for 3 weeks, good experiment.
I'm hoping to see some germination, but I doubt it considering how much the turkey have been working over the plots.

Interesting, but NOW the major models are all starting to see that mid-week rain the Accuweather-type models were predicting. However, each model sees it coming from a different direction. Two of the models see the weak tropical disturbance currently off the Louisiana coast moving north up the MS River into AR or West TN, while a third model sees the moisture come west from the Carolina Coast and primarily hitting East TN.

I'll be watching this forecast closely. IF it looks like West TN is going to get a slid rain on Thursday, I may top-dress my plots with more seed before the rain.

Light soaking rain just moved in here, hopefully it lasts longer than the sprinkles we got yesterday.

I did water the garden and wash my truck, so maybe.....

Latest posts

Back