• Help Support TNDeer:

Weather Forecast

Going to pull the trigger today and plant two plots with buckwheat and cereal rye. Looking like we will be getting some rain on friday and saturday but not looking like Knox County will be getting a fraction of what you West TN guys will hopefully be getting.

We definitely got the rain we had prayed for. 4.01" for the entire event. My BIL was out yesterday and said the seed was germinating. I'll check it out personally in a couple of days.
I planted my plots last Wednesday, and my cell cams are showing they have already greened up.

I planted my plots last Wednesday, and my cell cams are showing they have already greened up.
I'll have to say I'm very jealous. Forecast called for close to 5" so I rushed to the farm to overseed 5 acres of plots with wheat/crimson/turnips before the "tropical storm" moved in. We're lucky if we ended up getting 0.5". Frustrating to say the least.

I'll have to say I'm very jealous. Forecast called for close to 5" so I rushed to the farm to overseed 5 acres of plots with wheat/crimson/turnips before the "tropical storm" moved in. We're lucky if we ended up getting 0.5". Frustrating to say the least.
I feel for you Quailman. I did the same for a previous forecast rain event and got nearly zip from it. Seed laid there for weeks. But I hit the jackpot on the second system. Overseeded and got 4" of rain.

Latest posts

Back