• Help Support TNDeer:

Weather Forecast

Light soaking rain just moved in here, hopefully it lasts longer than the sprinkles we got yesterday.

I did water the garden and wash my truck, so maybe.....
We got 0.05" out of it. :mad:

But now even the GFS has joined with the other models in suggesting this tropical system will ride up out of the Gulf into AR and eventually West TN. And then that's it for the next two weeks.

We got 0.05" out of it. :mad:

But now even the GFS has joined with the other models in suggesting this tropical system will ride up out of the Gulf into AR and eventually West TN. And then that's it for the next two weeks.
We have already gotten more this morning than we got yesterday, been slow light rain.

We'll take it, perfect type soaking for the plot I planted yesterday and the oats I hand broadcast into my sad bean plot.

We had a pretty decent rain here yesterday afternoon in southeast Tennessee. Supposed to get rain again the latter part of this week. I'm planning to plant on Wednesday, I hope the rain holds off till Thursday at least. I don't want to work in mud. I hate mud.

We had a pretty decent rain here yesterday afternoon in southeast Tennessee. Supposed to get rain again the latter part of this week. I'm planning to plant on Wednesday, I hope the rain holds off till Thursday at least. I don't want to work in mud. I hate mud.
I don't see mud in your forecast 😀

FROM NWS- The "September Dry" is in full swing as rain chances continueto trend down this week and become non-existent throughmid to late September. Drought conditions will worsen this month across the state!

Saturday was 1" with 0.9" on Sunday. Yesterday, it was all soaked in and starting to dry back out in places. It was a nice rain but more is needed, and nothing is showing in the long range forecast.

Screw it, I'm going to WY for 3-4 weeks. Will deal with whatever when get home. Wheat is just $9.00 a bag if have to overseed everything. Now to hear an elk bugle, probably rain/snow the whole time 🤣
I've tried to stop worrying about it. My food plots are all dead. Our acorns have all withered and fallen. It's going to be a completely s**t year for us AGAIN. But what can I do about it? Nothing.

I guess I'm glad I wasn't able to get away from work to plant my 20 acres of plots last week. I'll continue to wait until more rain is forecasted. I didn't plant until the second week of October last year because of no rain.

I guess I'm glad I wasn't able to get away from work to plant my 20 acres of plots last week. I'll continue to wait until more rain is forecasted. I didn't plant until the second week of October last year because of no rain.
Because of these reoccurring droughts August through October, I haven't gotten my plots seeded with the seed that will germinate and grow until late October the last two years. I seeded in August the first time both years, but that was wasted due to the droughts. And both of these years, the late planted plots did fine later in the year, but were terrible for the opening of MZ season. Looks like a 3rd year in a row.

My plots did well with the late planting last year, but I think it was only because we had a bumper acorn crop for the deer to eat, and they laid off the plots until late season. I'm not sure what it will be like this year. My 2022 plots basically looked like the top of a pool table all winter because there were no acorns.
Because of these reoccurring droughts August through October, I haven't gotten my plots seeded with the seed that will germinate and grow until late October the last two years. I seeded in August the first time both years, but that was wasted due to the droughts. And both of these years, the late planted plots did fine later in the year, but were terrible for the opening of MZ season. Looks like a 3rd year in a row.

Looking at the radar, a real nice storm just missed us, crossing my fingers that we may still get some. My wife text me asking if it was raining here, she said it came a flood at her work about 15 miles south of us. I had zero germination in my plot, but it was just planted last Saturday.

Latest posts

Back