• Help Support TNDeer:

Weather Forecast

My plots did well with the late planting last year, but I think it was only because we had a bumper acorn crop for the deer to eat, and they laid off the plots until late season. I'm not sure what it will be like this year. My 2022 plots basically looked like the top of a pool table all winter because there were no acorns.
You are spot on…on all accounts. I suspect this year will be like 2022 as well ☹️.

Several of the models are hinting that the disturbance in the western Gulf (Bay of Campeche) will drift up the MS River Valley and potentially bring rain the West TN next Fri/Sat.

Now all models are bringing the tropical system into West TN next Friday, with substantial rain.

Reseed? Wait? Uh, these decisions...

If it holds, I'm taking off Wednesday and Thursday and planting.
I'm going to check the models in the morning, and if they are still forecasting the big rain (and right now they have several inches of rain), I'm heading out to replant.

Enough consensus now exists in all the models that we will get a big rain in West TN Thursday through Saturday that I'm pulling the trigger and replanting today.

Looking at 2 inches of rain here Thursday now according to weather underground, and another half inch on Friday. More rain on Tuesday and Wednesday the following week. AccuWeather and weather channel forecasts look similar.

If we still have no germination by Wednesday, I will rebroadcast oats and clover. If we get just half of what's forecast, it should do well.

We getting wet and fixing to get mooore wetter!
IMG_8061.webp

Latest posts

Back