2024-2025 Hunting and Trapping Proposals

ghostdance56

Do we know TWRA is investing any money? Or are they spending as fast as it comes in? All this CWD testing, freezers, etc. has to be extra cost. They just built a CWD incineration unit down the road from my that has to be in million+ cost.

mike243

The $ from lifetime goes into a savings account, normal license sales goes to everyday bills, I gave them $1620 in 2006. I have no regrets about mine or the grand kids I bought.

trkhunter

If you don't know how they are using the $200, how can you call it stupid? All the money collected for that is drawing interest. Please educate yourself instead of showing everyone how ignorant you are of the subjects you want to argue about!
The interest on lifetime licenses wasn't working like it would in the normal world the last I knew. The money was somehow
stuck in an underperforming account with no way to change that. So, the last time I knew anyway, it was a horrible investment for the TWRA.
What exactly did you say Hillbilly Hunter!!!! i forget!!!!

knightrider

IMG_4466.png

What exactly did you say Hillbilly Hunter!!!! i forget!!!!
Anyone who has a 401K knows that return rates have been low for a good while! They likely have millions in the investment fund, and even with a low return, it is a significant amount of money return, even if the percentage is not what they hoped for. What was your old handle name?

Omega

Omega that is last years dates and need deleted. Totally wrong dates and info listed.
Sorry, got it straight from here:

and here:

Guess they should update it.

mike243

No date on the first 1 but all the hunts start or end on a Monday, reckon thats like the new yote hunting season, the way it reads is it won't start till the end of deer season in Jan of 25, Lot of stuff needs fixed

trkhunter

Anyone who has a 401K knows that return rates have been low for a good while! They likely have millions in the investment fund, and even with a low return, it is a significant amount of money return, even if the percentage is not what they hoped for. What was your old handle name?
backing up are we???! btw. my old handle is #NUNYA!!!! have a nice day!!

scn

Do we know TWRA is investing any money? Or are they spending as fast as it comes in? All this CWD testing, freezers, etc. has to be extra cost. They just built a CWD incineration unit down the road from my that has to be in million+ cost.
By law, the funds from the purchase of a lifetime license have to go into an escrow account set up for those sales. TWRA can only draw from interest made on that escrow account.

And, don't think that escrow account doesn't have a bullseye on it from some politicians when you hear discussions about doing away with the agency.

trkhunter

By law, the funds from the purchase of a lifetime license have to go into an escrow account set up for those sales. TWRA can only draw from interest made on that escrow account.

And, don't think that escrow account doesn't have a bullseye on it from some politicians when you hear discussions about doing away with the agency.
interesting!!!!

Latest posts