• Help Support TNDeer:

Consider my eyebrows raised

I'll tell a little tale on BSK's family. Cathole isn't far from his place. One of the guys on our lease shot a buck and Brian let us put it in his cooler. It was MZ season and there was hardly a place to put another vehicle at his cabin. When we pulled up in the truck….no joke, the whole house emptied out to see it. Nothing huge…maybe 115-120 inches but everyone came out to look at and say something. That's the way it should be I think.
Yes sir!

I'll tell a little tale on BSK's family. Cathole isn't far from his place. One of the guys on our lease shot a buck and Brian let us put it in his cooler. It was MZ season and there was hardly a place to put another vehicle at his cabin. When we pulled up in the truck….no joke, the whole house emptied out to see it. Nothing huge…maybe 115-120 inches but everyone came out to look at and say something. That's the way it should be I think.
Yup, if a deer comes into camp, everybody comes out to admire it. There will be 15-20 people standing around watching the hunter gut his/her deer (we gut them at camp so we can get a live weight first). It's funny how "into" the hunts the non-hunters in the family get. Most leave their window cracked open at night so they can hear any gunshots early in the morning. All the hunters communicate by text-chain, and many in camp want to be included in the text-chain so they can keep up with what everyone is seeing. They like being part of the excitement. When the hunters start arriving back at camp after a hunt, all the non-hunters pour out onto the front porch asking, "What did you see?"

Attachments

• CabinExt1.webp
    CabinExt1.webp
    271.5 KB · Views: 1
Yup, if a deer comes into camp, everybody comes out to admire it. There will be 15-20 people standing around watching the hunter gut his/her deer (we gut them at camp so we can get a live weight first). It's funny how "into" the hunts the non-hunters in the family get. Most leave their window cracked open at night so they can hear any gunshots early in the morning. All the hunters communicate by text-chain, and many in camp want to be included in the text-chain so they can keep up with what everyone is seeing. They like being part of the excitement. When the hunters start arriving back at camp after a hunt, all the non-hunters pour out onto the front porch asking, "What did you see?"
That's awesome and gets me fired up. We too have the same scenario. Love it

No doubt you have a great thing going there!

Latest posts

Back