• Help Support TNDeer:

Dunstan Chestnut Trees

@mcbuck58 - I got all 11 of the trees I got from you out yesterday. I did exactly your method, except a different weed mat than you. The ones I found I think you were using looked expensive (maybe I found the wrong ones). I think you said you got them for $2 a piece. The ones I found were significantly more than that. I already had a roll of mat, so I used what I had.

Boy, I wish we had the dirt you have up in KY. It was hell digging in rocky soil, even just going down 8" - wore me out, and I am in great shape! 🤣 - I put 5 in one location and 6 in another.

Anyways, I'm glad they're in and can't wait to see how they fair next spring/summer. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0319.webp
    IMG_0319.webp
    344.5 KB · Views: 1
@mcbuck58 - I got all 11 of the trees I got from you out yesterday. I did exactly your method, except a different weed mat than you. The ones I found I think you were using looked expensive (maybe I found the wrong ones). I think you said you got them for $2 a piece. The ones I found were significantly more than that. I already had a roll of mat, so I used what I had.

Boy, I wish we had the dirt you have up in KY. It was hell digging in rocky soil, even just going down 8" - wore me out, and I am in great shape! 🤣 - I put 5 in one location and 6 in another.

Anyways, I'm glad they're in and can't wait to see how they fair next spring/summer. Thanks again!
Hey jcdeerman. I'm sure any old weed mat will work as long as it's plastic so it condenses and makes a little water, keeps the ground moist and kills the surrounding vegetation. I have not had any rain since September 29. About to be some kind of record for the Bowling Green area. October in south central KY is the driest month of the year. It is a little cloudy now and a cold front is supposed to come through tonight and bring some rain but they are saying 20% chance for later tonight or tomorrow morning. It looks like it's south of me also. The seven day has no rain in the forecast. The eight I'm planting this fall are still on my porch being watered every day. They are still green while all my orchard trees have yellow leaves and going dormant. Good luck with those trees and give me a progress report next year. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back