• Help Support TNDeer:

Electric pole-saws

I have a very lightweight "cheap" model I got @ 3 yrs ago.
It's ok for how little it cost, but too light-duty for much I'd like to do with a pole saw,
so still find myself mainly using my manual pole saws.

Are there any electric pole saws that use the Rigid brand batteries?
Most of my power tools are now Rigid brand,
so would be nice to stay with those batteries.

I have a 20v Craftsman 14' pole saw I got on sale at Home Depot for $100. It comes in 3 pieces. It is nice being able to use it at smaller sizes than just 14'. Overall I have been very pleased with it. If you are doing a lot of trimmer with it at 14' it will give your forearms and shoulders quite the work out. When trimming limbs from my ladder stand I would have to reach out to get some limbs. When you do this if put all the weight of holding the 14' trimmer on your wrists and forearms.
I have used mine a lot and would not want to get rid of it.
I have the same thing, they are awesome!

I've got the hooyman saw with the Xtra extension. Works great! Been running it now for past 3 years. I bought the extra extension and it will reach way out there. U have to rig up a shoulder strap though with the added extension as it's a little unbalanced with it.
I normally use mine mostly on clearing edges for opening up sunlight for food plots.

I have a Dewalt. Got it since I had the small chainsaw and hedge trimmer and all.can use same battery. Mine has worked flawlessly. I use it around the house to trim trees and have used in woods as well
Same here. I am satisfied with the Dewalt. There may be better ones, it is the only one I have used but it works good. I have cut 6" limbs with it. Just be careful not to pinch the bar.

Anyone using an electric pole chainsaw for cutting shooting lanes around stands? I've been looking at them for this purpose, but there a ton of them and don't know if they are a worthwhile purchase. What say you?

I have a kobalt 80 volt 10 inch bar pole saw that has been great. You have to order it on line from Lowes because they don't carry the 80 volt line in the store.

I've got a heavy duty echo gas for big work and a small cheap craftsman battery I keep in side by side. It's great for nocking out limbs on trail . I've abused it and definitely got moneys worth. Think it was 150 for saw, batt, and charger.

Kobalt Gen4 40-volt 10-in 2 Ah Battery Pole Saw (Battery and Charger Included)
Lowes $229.00
Had it for 3 years now no trouble out of it.

I would assume the ones with the battery back at the base of the pole would be preferable to ones with the battery at the saw itself? Basically, less weight to lift?

Is 40V good enough or do I need to step up to 60V?

I would assume the ones with the battery back at the base of the pole would be preferable to ones with the battery at the saw itself? Basically, less weight to lift?

Go 80 volt..... get all the ummph you can get.....⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

I have a 2yr old Ryobi that was on sale for $85, like most cheap equipment it fits the bill for residential weekend projects, but that's about it. Work switched to Milwaukee brand years ago and Milwaukee is the way to go, lineman are rough on their equipment and all our Milwaukee tools have held up better than any other commercial brand we have tried. If you need more reach just buy extra sections and add, we have cut pines off the lines that were 20' high from the ground by adding sections. I know Milwaukee brand isn't cheap but anything that is built well and will last for years isn't cheap either. One of the coolest saws they have is a little one handed battery saw, laughed my butt off when I first saw it…..boy was I wrong! That little saw is a gem and so handy, just carry extra hot batteries along with it and you will be surprised.
For longevity and heavy use…. Milwaukee hands down.

Mines only 20v the dewalt works good. I just wish they would have done a better job at the connection joints.

Latest posts

Back