• Help Support TNDeer:

Electric pole-saws

I have a green works brand, and it has cut more than I would have ever guessed. It needs a new chain right now, but it's paid for itself with what ive done with it. @BSK for someone like yourself, you will get the use out of one to justify buying a high quality brand. If you have cordless tools, see if your brand has one so can use same batteries.
Ditto
Love my green works
Cheap
Got an extra battery

I'm hoping those are the same 18 volt batteries used by all Rigid tools.
Just by "looks", they appear to be the same, just different branding label.
Be nice to use same batteries I already have.
You can buy an adapter for almost any tool brand to any brand battery. Like this one for rigid battery to Milwaukee tool.
IMG_5838.png

I don't know about electric saws but I bought an EzKut 20' saw and I wouldn't trade that thing for the world! It's aluminum so no picking fiberglass out of your hands! And with a typical 16' saw you always tend to need to cut a limb that's just out of its reach! They also have a "sling pack" it's their clippers, a folding saw and loppers and all store inside the pack so there's no hunting for tools. I HIGHLY recommend giving them a look and checking out YouTube

I thought about the battery operated ones, and agree they are great, but I rarely use the saw after the initial workout, maybe once a year, and didn't want to spend the money on the Stihl so exercising the batteries of a one-off tool just didn't seem feasible. That is why I go corded for most of my tools except my standard Stihl tool kit. I can leave the saw in the shed for over a year, then pull it out and it works. If I was going to constantly use it like my nut driver, drill, saw etc, I wouldn't worry as much about it, but most of my 18v batteries are getting wore out and it was cheaper to get the 20v tools in a kit than to replace the accumulated batteries.
93Om2WJ.jpeg

Last edited:
I know everyones using cordless but Im not everyone. I have a 14' extendable pole saw (9" bar) from harbor freight ($80.00) and its cut down limbs and some pretty large trees too. Most of my stands can be rode to with the sxs, I just put my generator in the bed and got to town cutting, I also can climb up on the roof of the sxs and get up in the 25-28' range with it.

I borrowed my father in-laws electric one and had 2 fully charged batteries and didn't get what I needed done. Went and bought a gas one that way I don't have to worry about it again.

I borrowed my father in-laws electric one and had 2 fully charged batteries and didn't get what I needed done. Went and bought a gas one that way I don't have to worry about it again.
Mine is gas operated forgot to mention that. Not sure if it matters.

I know everyones using cordless but Im not everyone. I have a 14' extendable pole saw (9" bar) from harbor freight ($80.00) and its cut down limbs and some pretty large trees too. Most of my stands can be rode to with the sxs, I just put my generator in the bed and got to town cutting, I also can climb up on the roof of the sxs and get up in the 25-28' range with it.
Some of our stand locations are a climb up or down 250 to 300-foot bluffs. Not a place for requiring a generator.

I have the EGO. It has a carbon fiber telescoping handle. I went in on the ego brand for my battery equipment and have been happy with them all. Have the Pole Saw, 16" chainsaw, weed eater & leaf blower.

Heard great things about Milwaukee too.

I've had a poulan gas powered for 5 yrs. Still going strong and I have over used it to say the least.
Why would you want battery powered?
I've found that gas-powered tools that get used once a year (we do all of our stand moving on one weekend) end up causing troubles in the long run. Gas-powered tools need to be run regularly to keep them in good working order. I ALWAYS struggle with me gas-powered yard tools when I go to use them for the first time each spring. They take a couple of uses before they run smoothly for the season.

Latest posts

Back