• Help Support TNDeer:

Falcon rods

catman529

Was torn between the Duckett Ghost and Abu Veritas 2, then discovered the Falcon Bucoo, after some googling around I went with the falcon. Anyone else use these rods? I've always used ugly stiks and cheaper rods primarily, this is the nicest one I have bought. So I'm clueless about the better graphite rods although the Falcon seem to rate pretty well on different fishing forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't speak to the Bucoo, but I have a Veritas 1.0 that is my go to for finesse work and creek fishing. It's a little much for 5" red eyes but I don't miss bites or hooksets with that rod strung up with braid, no matter how long a cast or how strong the current.

MickThompson":3903r6nq said:
Put some light braid with a 6' mono or fluoro leader.

not into the braid myself. I got some 8 lb P line for this setup

You won't be disappointed. My go to finesse rod is a 7' Falcon Jason Christie Signature Series. The BuCoo seems to be pretty comparable. After using ugly sticks and cheaper rods you are going to love it.

have 2 Falcon Jason Christie Signature Series. a 7'3" HF for flipp'n. i have no problem with them and would buy again. bought them for 54.99ea at walmart lol. $100 rods

Spurhunter":14zoryq1 said:
You won't be disappointed. My go to finesse rod is a 7' Falcon Jason Christie Signature Series. The BuCoo seems to be pretty comparable. After using ugly sticks and cheaper rods you are going to love it.
I'll still use the Stiks but wanted to have one good bass rod, especially for creek smallmouth but just about for anything really. will take it out for some LM this afternoon if the rain ever stops.

All of my spinning rods are Falcons. Love them.

Spurhunter":19ypqsyv said:
nitro_z17":19ypqsyv said:
have 2 Falcon Jason Christie Signature Series. a 7'3" HF for flipp'n. i have no problem with them and would buy again. bought them for 54.99ea at walmart lol. $100 rods
You got a steal. I paid right at 100 for mine.
ya they were marked with the red sale sticker. i think someone boo booed :?

Picked up a 6'6" casting Falcon Bucoo for $49 at academy a few days ago. Went in there looking for a 7' rd but saw this deal. Used it for a bit the other day. Think it'll be a good all around rod for 1/4 ounce and less. Medium to shallow divers. Paired it with a bass pro qualifier 7.1:1 and 12# mono. Made in USA as well!

Honestly a ugly stick will catch as many fish as the highest priced rod you can buy. I ran the bass tournament trail for a few years and thought I had to have all star and st croix rods just to get a bite.. later on I figured out its the indian.. not the arrow..

GOODWIN":2gnq2jcl said:
Picked up a 6'6" casting Falcon Bucoo for $49 at academy a few days ago. Went in there looking for a 7' rd but saw this deal. Used it for a bit the other day. Think it'll be a good all around rod for 1/4 ounce and less. Medium to shallow divers. Paired it with a bass pro qualifier 7.1:1 and 12# mono. Made in USA as well!
dang that's a deal. I didn't notice any on sale but I was at academy in Franklin. I got the 7 foot. I thought they were made in USA but today I noticed a Made in China sticker on the butt end.

pressfit":3pj3k36j said:
Honestly a ugly stick will catch as many fish as the highest priced rod you can buy. I ran the bass tournament trail for a few years and thought I had to have all star and st croix rods just to get a bite.. later on I figured out its the indian.. not the arrow..
True, have caught all kinds of fish with the ugly stiks, and they are tough rods, hard to kill them. Actually dont think I've ever broke one. but figured 1 good bass rod would be nice to have, and it feels great in the hand, very light and a lot more sensitive and will cast farther than the Stik. I caught a couple small bass with it this evening but I was still taking turns with the Ugly Stik as well.

pressfit":1mj2dk3o said:
Honestly a ugly stick will catch as many fish as the highest priced rod you can buy.

pressfit":1mj2dk3o said:
later on I figured out its the indian.. not the arrow..

You are correct that it is the indian and not the arrow, however, there is a difference in fish catching ability of cheap rods vs. quality. Premium rods are more sensitive, have better action when fighting fish, better eyes to protect your line, etc. I believe KVD could whip most of the fisherman on earth with a Zebco 202 and a 2 piece Wal Mart special, but there's a reason why he doesn't try. Can you catch fish on a $15 Wal Mart special? Sure. But, saying you'll catch as many fish as you would with a St. Croix designed for the particular application is just not accurate.

Latest posts

Back