• Help Support TNDeer:

How do they make a decision

Mtncur76

How does twra make a decision on were to stop a unit in my unit it calls for 3 doe's a day from archery on, thats roughly 90 days so 270 deer for for 1 person. Where I live we dont have that kind of herd so just curious how the set the bag limits. Or maybe they just won't to kill the all.

How does twra make a decision on were to stop a unit in my unit it calls for 3 doe's a day from archery on, thats roughly 90 days so 270 deer for for 1 person. Where I live we dont have that kind of herd so just curious how the set the bag limits. Or maybe they just won't to kill the all.
Nobody in the history of ever has even come close to that

Not sure on the boundaries. But Noone is shooting that. Just opportunity is all. We have places where it can handle a lot of does killed and some places it can't. But I enjoy it so when we do kill does we can do it somewhat efficiently.

New biologists new ideas, Polk County is the same unit as Hawkins and Sullivan.
Good, bad, or indifferent without TWRA there would be 95 different seasons that would change frequently.

It's the same answer as always. The biologists and program managers from TWRA propose items for the commission sometimes at the commissions request. The commission votes on what they want to happen. Nothing or very near nothing happens in state wildlife that doesn't go through the commissions hands.

People killing 270 deer a year is r

I wouldn't over analyze it too much. Just to look at it in the big picture, hunters are still killing more bucks than antlerless in nearly all Unit L counties last time I checked. And that's with a 2-buck limit.

The county I live in is 1/3rd public land. Every year there is hunters out of Knoxville,crossville,and many other county's that hit that plublic land and do drives shooting all they can now with 3 a day that will finish off the rest of the herd that's done been hit hard

ive said it for years and I'll say it again! TWRA is out for the money, someone or some company is paying the TWRA for the liberal limits and depredation permits! there is no way on gods green earth the TWRA is trying the "kill em all" approach on game that provides them with a job, unless something or someone is pushing the "kill em all" agenda through the back door into the green jeans bank accounts!! change my mind, please! cause right now I say F K THE TWRA!

ive said it for years and I'll say it again! TWRA is out for the money, someone or some company is paying the TWRA for the liberal limits and depredation permits! there is no way on gods green earth the TWRA is trying the "kill em all" approach on game that provides them with a job, unless something or someone is pushing the "kill em all" agenda through the back door into the green jeans bank accounts!! change my mind, please! cause right now I say F K THE TWRA!

I'm much more concerned with the amount of deer being slaughtered on summer nights then I am hunters killing too many.

All we can do is manage ourselves and not worry about the rest of it within the law. Youll be much happier when you forget about everyone else

That's the gist of it. The wildlife resources ultimately belong to us, and TWRA merely manages it. Regardless of regulations it's our own personal responsibility to practice good conservation. I live in unit-L and hunt numerous locations. Some of those spots could use some serious thinning, while other spots have a much more fragile herd where killing a few does could significantly hinder future hunting. TWRA cannot and should not manage at such a micro level. That's our responsibility as hunters.

The 3 doe/day limit in unit-L reasonably allows a hunter such as my self to spend a few days thinning the herd on a farm that is overrun with deer. And some farms need it. It is not a suggestion or challenge to see if I can kill 270 deer in one season.

That's the gist of it. The wildlife resources ultimately belong to us, and TWRA merely manages it. Regardless of regulations it's our own personal responsibility to practice good conservation. I live in unit-L and hunt numerous locations. Some of those spots could use some serious thinning, while other spots have a much more fragile herd where killing a few does could significantly hinder future hunting. TWRA cannot and should not manage at such a micro level. That's our responsibility as hunters.

The 3 doe/day limit in unit-L reasonably allows a hunter such as my self to spend a few days thinning the herd on a farm that is overrun with deer. And some farms need it. It is not a suggestion or challenge to see if I can kill 270 deer in one season.

The problem is those regs go for public land also. Which most of the public is same as statewide regs. That is where what I do as a hunter has almost zero effect on the slaughter that will take place. I've been hunting the same public places for many years in now unit 6. I can tell you it will have an ill effect on the doe's that are on these lands. Hunting is already tough over this way. And even more doe's killed will not have a positive outcome. It will only get even tougher. An extra 2 doe's a year per hunter. What will happen is they will ruin any future hunters. Taking a kid to these places now is hard enough. Lessen the herd even more and the TWRA might as well shoot itself in the foot. And kiss the deer population goodbye.

Latest posts

Back