• Help Support TNDeer:

Is your laundry detergent helping deer see you more easily?

Same here, it is way cheaper than the stuff branded for hunting, which pretty much do the same thing.
The one exception would be the green soap, you know, the liquid stuff sold to hunters. That stuff is truly amazing. I can clean fish and with my hands truly rank, use a little of the green soap. All scent gone. No idea what's in it, but that stuff really works.

Found the info on how they came up with the clothing line Sitka sells that fades you in so a deer doesn't see a big blob moving.

It's a little expensive, but @REN said yesterday he has some 40% off coupons for Sitka.

Free & clear I think is what most of them say. That's all I've used for all my clothes for years.
Yes, but you have to read the ingredients as some say that, but they are not. I had purchased Purex Free and Clear, but later found that while it had no scent and was hypoallergenic, it did have brighteners. This site has some good references for the ones that are good for hunting clothes due to not having any of that stuff.

Laundry Detergents Without Optical Brighteners – Our Insanely Helpful List

Attachments

• 1729909171166.webp
    1729909171166.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 1
The one exception would be the green soap, you know, the liquid stuff sold to hunters. That stuff is truly amazing. I can clean fish and with my hands truly rank, use a little of the green soap. All scent gone. No idea what's in it, but that stuff really works.
Any idea how long that soap has been around. I started using it in 92 when I was 10. It's all my dad would use. I still use it. Made by Hunters Specialty or something like that.

Any idea how long that soap has been around. I started using it in 92 when I was 10. It's all my dad would use. I still use it. Made by Hunters Specialty or something like that.
I've been using it as long as it's been available. Huge dispensers of it in each shower of my family's hunting cabin. We probably go through 2-3 of the big bottles per year.

I am a believer in using the hunting detergent with no brighteners, have had deer look right through me and never pause or bolt. and they were some close contacts. I will take all the help I can get and they have to be washed anyway so a few more Bucks for something that only gets used on my hunting gear, lasts long enough to not break the bank.

My wife worked with a world renowned textile expert that specialized in restoring old textiles. She lab tested probably every brand of laundry detergent on the market and found the Seventh Generation brand of detergent to be the absolute best at cleaning historic textiles.

I use the Seventh Generation Free and Clear. You can get it at WalMart.

I use to worry about it, bought all the high tech stuff for years, now I don't even think about , wash my clothes in whatever is handy, quit buying deer scents and lures, only use vanilla extract now, doesn't seem to make a difference, see just as many deer now as I did back in the day.

I use to worry about it, bought all the high tech stuff for years, now I don't even think about , wash my clothes in whatever is handy, quit buying deer scents and lures, only use vanilla extract now, doesn't seem to make a difference, see just as many deer now as I did back in the day.
For years I was a smoker. Was only able to quit when vaporizer mods came out. Now I vape, but at very low nicotine levels. Anyways, I make my own e-liquid and I use real hazelnut extract and real vanilla extract as the flavoring. So far, I've not seen a deer react negatively to it (although I'm sure that has happened outside of my limited visual distance). In fact, I've had younger deer follow the scent trail right to me.

Back