• Help Support TNDeer:

LBL Deer Hunting 2024

I have not received anything from them. But now in my Preference Point history it says I got a preference point.

No email yet, but just checked mine. It says I got something for our party of 5. I really did not expect to draw this year....I chose any area in TN and two specific areas in KY. I probably got the worst area on TN side is my guess. :)

1723837582130.webp

Last edited:
I hate to even bump this thread because I know people get excited. I do.

The application period has been closed for over two weeks. I don't understand, in this day and age, what's taking so long. It's all computers; they hit a few buttons and run the lottery. It would be great to know for planning purposes.

I did predict it'll be today though, we'll see

Drew Kentucky Nov. 01-03. Surprised as I had no preference points.

We drew 2nd choice pick in KY. KY just has better odds to draw. They added a 2nd hunt this year and the buck counts statewide for their one buck limit.

We got Nov.1-3 in Area 10. I chose the area because somewhat familiar with it since we hunted during juvy a few years ago. You can also do horseback rides during that early weekend if wanted. The teenagers enjoy that.

I just booked the last 8 man cabin at Wrangler Campground from Oct. 31-Saturday 2nd. Check-out by 3:30 unless someone cancels a reservation by then. We may end up having some room. Party has 5, but good chance that 2 will drop out. One just had shoulder surgery last week and the other is already complaining about the out of state license.

Anyway, we may have a couple of bunks available closer to hunt. We bring a Keurig, George Forman grill and cook steaks on fire. Enjoy your favorite beverage. Since it is Halloween night, we may go roll the next door cabins trees. :)

I had trouble finding the map book:

I will still enter draw for another specific WMA on same weekend, but no way we will draw that...so looks like I can start planning for 5 weekend hunts this Nov. in KY, TN, and GA.

My group wanted to do their own thing this year and chose not to put in. I've booked a cabin at Paris Landing SP for the weekend and will be going at it solo.

Screenshot_20240817-155802_kindlephoto-287861669.webp

Latest posts

Back