NCAA CWS 2024

Forvols

Usual suspects not performing. One stat VOLS hitting through 14-15 innings of play against TAM had 25 strikeouts. Alot of not protecting the plate and looking 2strike outs. I know we will have strikeouts but 25? Amick had 3 looking. Sunday game VOLS also had lead off hitter get on 4or 5 out of 7innings, 4 times the next batter got out. Tears looking confused, Burke and Moore inconsistent. Stark wipes away 0-17 with one swing of the bat( his first hit of the CWS I was amazed). TAM is tough, I think today we have the advantage from starter to bullpen. Also same pressure on each team for Monnday, SUN game was win or go home for VOLS. Both teams should be fired up for today, hope the VOLS fire is alittle hotter and they play with a sense of urgency especially at the plate.

PalsPal

Sunday game VOLS also had lead off hitter get on 4or 5 out of 7innings, 4 times the next batter got out.

Do we not have the ability to lay a bunt down?

TAM is tough, I think today we have the advantage from starter to bullpen.

This is who we get tonight :oops:!

Lamkin's last two appearances have been nothing short of exceptional, recording 15 strikeouts and just four hits allowed in two wins over Florida to make it to the Finals. Also available Monday, reliever Josh Stewart and closer Evan Aschenbeck will also be ready to go

Also same pressure on each team for Monnday, SUN game was win or go home for VOLS.

I actually think that we have the advantage here with this being A&Ms first time in dealing with a loss the whole tourney.

PalsPal

One other thing. I think TV needs to lay off of the energy drinks or whatever he had pre-game.

He's fortunate that he wasn't tossed.

I never did hear an explanation of why he wasted a challenge on the ball that didn't come close to hitting Moore.

Hduke86

We're going to need one or two solid innings scoring a couple of times. Followed up with 3 up 3 down to fell safe in this game. @Gravey i would have took a road-trip with ya to Omaha. I tried to get my boys to go but they already had plans to head back to the gulf. Drink PLENTY of water today and maybe toss in some electrolytes cause it's going to be BRUTALLY hot for you today.

Spurhunter

Vegas has Tennessee as the favorite which is surprising to me after reading about the aggie SP. Hopefully they got it right! Seems like they are begging you to bet on A&M.
Screenshot_20240624-083436.jpg

Screenshot_20240624-083456.jpg

Displaced_Vol

It would be an overstatement to say I felt confident all through the game yesterday. But I liked our chances if we kept them at 1 run, I really did.
This CWS final for Amick is reminding me of his SEC tourney. He was 0-fer the tournament in Hoover until he hit a 3 run homer against LSU. I think he has a big game tonight.

It looks so close on paper. On one hand I think we're due for a big number but on the other I think we've got the 2 best teams in baseball and it's going to be a dog fight

Turkeychaser

My ticket was in section 130 which was just left of centerfield but I stood on the railing at 127 with a couple UT guys I was talking to before the game started. Down 1-0 after the first inning my thought went to "here we go again" but then shut em down the rest of the day. Vols left too many runners on and gotta get them in. Twice they left bases loaded. Ticket prices were $125 cheaper today than yesterday but oh well. Had they gotten beat was gonna try to drive 5-6 hours back but since they won I got a room and bought another ticket. It's in section 129 and I'll probably stand again as at least you get a little bit of a breeze. Tomorrow's high is 99 so for that reason glad it's a 6:00 game. Still gonna hit the road and try to knock a few hours out afterward and hopefully I'll be keyed up on cloud 9 from a W. Here's some pics. If you ever get the chance do it. GBO!!! 🍊
View attachment 232370View attachment 232365View attachment 232366View attachment 232368View attachment 232369View attachment 232367
Awesome! I love see people doing last minute trips like this!

deerfanatic

He's gonna break out tomorrow. 👍

Tears looked like a wash woman on pay day today!
He's really struggling. Not seeing the ball well at all and swinging at everything. He swung at a couple yesterday that were a foot outside. Not just off Cortez who had all that run either. Billy isn't seeing it great either. Need them both to break out in a big way tonight

Latest posts