NCAA CWS 2024

Gravey

Been trying to find somebody to make the drive with me but no luck. Was wanting to leave this morning and stop somewhere then go to tomorrow's game and Monday's if necessary. May roll by myself. Wife would go but her son is in a baseball tournament. If I don't go I'm heading to the lake with my daughter and son-in-law for the day. Guess there could be worse alternatives. GBO! 🍊

prstide

Been trying to find somebody to make the drive with me but no luck. Was wanting to leave this morning and stop somewhere then go to tomorrow's game and Monday's if necessary. May roll by myself. Wife would go but her son is in a baseball tournament. If I don't go I'm heading to the lake with my daughter and son-in-law for the day. Guess there could be worse alternatives. GBO! 🍊
Might never get another chance—I'd go if you could! Be careful if you do decide to travel.

Displaced_Vol

Ive dicked around ever since we won Wednesday night. Should have pulled the trigger on tickets that night because they've only gone up.
Looked at flights, drive times, hotels, etc. all of it. Kept coming up with excuses and it was going to be expensive no matter how you tried to do it.
Talked to a guy at work Thursday that's a big UK fan but also a big sports fan in general. Had to talk about work stuff and when we got that out of the way he said I can't believe you aren't on your way to Omaha. He's older than me and Said don't worry about how much it costs, don't worry about work (which I am busy to the point I don't want to take off because I would dread what I'd come back to) just go. Should have listened to him because I am sitting here this morning knowing I just should have gone ahead and done it.
If we are fortunate enough to make it again, which I have to say I feel pretty confident about I'll be ready.

Gravey

Might never get another chance—I'd go if you could! Be careful if you do decide to travel.
Ive dicked around ever since we won Wednesday night. Should have pulled the trigger on tickets that night because they've only gone up.
Looked at flights, drive times, hotels, etc. all of it. Kept coming up with excuses and it was going to be expensive no matter how you tried to do it.
Talked to a guy at work Thursday that's a big UK fan but also a big sports fan in general. Had to talk about work stuff and when we got that out of the way he said I can't believe you aren't on your way to Omaha. He's older than me and Said don't worry about how much it costs, don't worry about work (which I am busy to the point I don't want to take off because I would dread what I'd come back to) just go. Should have listened to him because I am sitting here this morning knowing I just should have gone ahead and done it.
If we are fortunate enough to make it again, which I have to say I feel pretty confident about I'll be ready.
About 8:15 this morning I decided I was going by myself so I bought a ticket, packed and took off. Drove to Kansas City and staying tonight with a buddy from college and drive the additional 2 1/2 hours for tomorrow's game in the morning. Hopefully they play better tomorrow because this one's down to the last 3 outs.

Displaced_Vol

About 8:15 this morning I decided I was going by myself so I bought a ticket, packed and took off. Drove to Kansas City and staying tonight with a buddy from college and drive the additional 2 1/2 hours for tomorrow's game in the morning. Hopefully they play better tomorrow because this one's down to the last 3 outs.
F-ing A right, Bring us some good vibes, @Gravey!

Tough game 1. Not much to say A&M was better tonight. We had our chances, left 10 or so RISP. 3 errors. Couple good bounces we got in other games we didn't get any tonight. At least we got into Aschenback a bit. Thought we had some more magic in the 9th but couldn't do it.
Do or die from here on out GB 🍊

Jbird22

Tough game 1. Not much to say A&M was better tonight. We had our chances, left 10 or so RISP. 3 errors. Couple good bounces we got in other games we didn't get any tonight. At least we got into Aschenback a bit. Thought we had some more magic in the 9th but couldn't do it.
Do or die from here on out GB 🍊
Spot on!

A&M only had one more hit on the night than the Vols. They strung more together than the Vols did. Clean up the mistakes and get some production from Moore and they'll play a winner takes all on Monday!

Displaced_Vol

Spot on!

A&M only had one more hit on the night than the Vols. They strung more together than the Vols did. Clean up the mistakes and get some production from Moore and they'll play a winner takes all on Monday!
Crazy he went 0-5 tonight. But, that's baseball. Zone was generous tonight, but A&M's arms are top notch so you can't fuss about it. At some point you've got to realize and adjust accordingly.

Jbird22

Crazy he went 0-5 tonight. But, that's baseball. Zone was generous tonight, but A&M's arms are top notch so you can't fuss about it. At some point you've got to realize and adjust accordingly.
He looked out of sorts to me. Definitely didn't play with his usual swagger. Everyone has off days, hopefully that was his.

PalsPal

Good for you. Post some pics.

I fully expect us to win today, but you never know. If we do tomorrow's game will be next-level crazy.

This game was very similar to the first FSU game. We played about as badly as we could and still had a punchers chance at the end.

Spurhunter

The home plate umpire was the worst I've ever seen besides Angel Hernandez. He would call pitches that went around the plate or were way off the plate strikes, while some obvious strikes were balls. A couple pitches that were barely off the dirt were framed up and called strikes. It wasn't one sided. He was just terrible all night no matter who was batting. I was hoping the Vols would figure out they should go up there hacking at anything close, but obviously that's hard to do when you've spent your whole life training yourself on the strike zone. It was disgraceful. IT'S TIME FOR COMPUTERIZED STRIKE ZONES!

Andy S.

Tough game 1. Not much to say A&M was better tonight. We had our chances, left 10 or so RISP. 3 errors. Couple good bounces we got in other games we didn't get any tonight.
Way to many strikeouts and 2 strike counts not protecting the plate. Errors, popups and weak grounders. Lack of production with risp. Nerves and then playing to tight.
Spot on. Can't make any excuses, got outplayed all the way around. And IMO, out coached. I was not a fan of starting out the CWS Championship with second string pitcher to see how far he can get us. 2 runs right off the bat, and momentum to them, geez. But at that point, we brought in Causey with wicked ball movement and A&M smashed him (4 ER in 3 IP). I could not believe how they teed off on him with his ball movement, but they did. They had scored enough runs to win the game in the 3rd inning. Today should be a different story with our backs against the wall. Time will tell.

Spurhunter

I was not a fan of starting out the CWS Championship with second string pitcher to see how far he can get us.
I agree. I realize it's been working and if he changed the routine and lost we'd be second guessing him for that, but in a best 2 out of 3 I'm starting Beam And Sechrist in games one and two. Maybe he thought he could steal one this way and if it went to game 3 he'd have an ace available. I can see that too. It's just so important to win game 1.

Latest posts