NCAA CWS 2024

Forvols

Both teams pitching and defense has been solid (TAM pitching maybe more so). Vols need to keep scoring with hits up and down lineup. Dont get into situations score wise hoping for a HR to tie or take lead its a big park and the ball hasnt been flying out left and right all tournament. I think offensively VOLS have the advantage and dont think TAM can keep up.

Savage

One thing I have noticed, but can't guarantee is that there seems to be more infield bobbles in college ball. It could be that the ball comes off the metal/composite bat a lot faster. You would think that would lead to more double plays, but it doesn't really from what I see.

It could also mean that I'm used to watching a lot better infield play in the pros.

volboy

1000007383.jpg

Displaced_Vol

One thing I have noticed, but can't guarantee is that there seems to be more infield bobbles in college ball. It could be that the ball comes off the metal/composite bat a lot faster. You would think that would lead to more double plays, but it doesn't really from what I see.

It could also mean that I'm used to watching a lot better infield play in the pros.
I think the in the metal bats are definitely a part of it. For the Vols I think there's also a transition from our turf at LNS and the grass & dirt in Omaha. It was definitely an issue for us in game 1

Latest posts