• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Plant or Wait

For western Middle TN, almost zero for the next 15 days. A couple hint at the possibility of showers Monday and then again late Wednesday into Thursday, but after that, absolutely zero into the foreseeable future.
That's just unreal. Hoping for some mid week. Tons of dew, but I don't know how much that will contribute

That's just unreal. Hoping for some mid week. Tons of dew, but I don't know how much that will contribute
Big front coming in to NW coast, wonder if remnants will make it cross country this week?
Weather Channel shows us getting . 03" on Oct 8, what more could we ask for? 😥

Last edited:
Long, long-range model (CFSv2) shows a lot of big cold snaps coming in early to mid-October, but that model doesn't predict precipitation. Don't know if those fronts will be wet or dry. But I wouldn't be shocked if we see little rain through October.

I know its not uncommon for it to be dry this time of year, but I think this is about as dry with little to no rain this year that I can remember.
Atleast there are acorns. Mountain chestnut oaks are loaded and falling like a waterfall. Whites are 50% loaded and 50% "just some". Reds are "just some" as well. I just enjoyed listening to them fall. It's been 2 years since I heard them hitting the ground.

Atleast there are acorns. Mountain chestnut oaks are loaded and falling like a waterfall. Whites are 50% loaded and 50% "just some". Reds are "just some" as well. I just enjoyed listening to them fall. It's been 2 years since I heard them hitting the ground.
Deer are going to have to live off acorns until late November. After that, nothing. Food plots are going to be a disaster. We've got an amazing White Oak acorn crop. but almost no Reds. Whites go to root late November (depending upon rain).

Deer are going to have to live off acorns until late November. After that, nothing. Food plots are going to be a disaster. We've got an amazing White Oak acorn crop. but almost no Reds. Whites go to root late November (depending upon rain).
With amount of leaves dropping now due to drought, I'm wondering if white oaks won't drop acorns early. Our Chestnut Oaks have been dropping since August

With amount of leaves dropping now due to drought, I'm wondering if white oaks won't drop acorns early. Our Chestnut Oaks have been dropping since August
Our Whites are dropping their excess now. Quite a few on the ground, but not the best quality. Basically, just the nuts the trees can't carry to full maturity. In spots, ground is covered with Mountain Chestnut acorns.

Latest posts

Back