• Help Support TNDeer:

Pretty good morning

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
It got hot and it got hot quick.
We were bass fishing today.
We were on the water just about 5:30 and quit about 10. It was pretty slow honestly.
I managed 8 and Man caught 9.

The last bite Man got was a hard one and he set the hook and his line broke.
I gave him some heck over it and mentioned how ironic it was he cut & re-tied RIGHT before that cast to keep from breaking off. :rotf:

I told him not to worry I would catch it for him and get his hook back. :D
I cast very near the same spot he did and after a few seconds I gave it a twitch and it felt like a truck drove by and hit my bait!!!

Stretch... set... POW!!!! :shock:

I just look at him and he kinda snickered. I dropped my head and tied on another hook. LOL

Strange for sure.
Great morning though.

Good story,bass i csught were out by the river channel.The crappie were hideing,didnt do any good catching them yesterday

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

TNReb":9v9wlzxm said:
1000 acre?

Yeah, we almost went to the Cumberland River out past Dover but between the high temps and other obligations we didn't really have time.
Plus, like Man said, it's hard to pass on the 1,000 acre lake. :D

we were out all day until dark, caught 4 measley bluegill. the blue cats wouldnt even bite even with a little current.

i fgured out one thing, those long sleeve shirts and shorts that they sell for offshore fishermen are actually pretty good at keeping you cool. even if it makes you look like a yuppie. wasnt all bad, cooked redneck surf and turf at 930 pm for my son and dil.

nice catches on the bass.

WTM":ftcia5ny said:
we were out all day until dark, caught 4 measley bluegill. the blue cats wouldnt even bite even with a little current.

i fgured out one thing, those long sleeve shirts and shorts that they sell for offshore fishermen are actually pretty good at keeping you cool. even if it makes you look like a yuppie. wasnt all bad, cooked redneck surf and turf at 930 pm for my son and dil.

nice catches on the bass.
Yep,i wear long sleeve all summer while fishing.The sun is too rough on you when you get older.I also use a umbrella in the summer,couldnt fish without it.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

simms solar flex shirts and Kryptek sun shirts are the best to keep the sun off of you and keep cool. I also wear a sun buff over my face and the coolest I have tried is the columbia chill. I fish tournaments all summer and have already had half my face removed from malignant melanoma. My uncle said I look like a muslim lady, but I stay cool and out of the sun.

Sounds like you guys still had a pretty good day fishing. What kind of line are you using and when was the last time you changed it out? I know with my mono I change it out every couple of months during fishing season. I love most of the properties of mono but it can get brittle and lose its stretch fairly quickly. The good thing is that it is cheap.

Dbllunger":9yi7iqxm said:
Sounds like you guys still had a pretty good day fishing. What kind of line are you using and when was the last time you changed it out? I know with my mono I change it out every couple of months during fishing season. I love most of the properties of mono but it can get brittle and lose its stretch fairly quickly. The good thing is that it is cheap.

sunlight and gas fumes from a garage will destroy mono in quick fashion.

Dbllunger":1nivj7q0 said:

Normally I use 10 pound Seagar Red Label.
On this particular reel I was out and put mono on it.
Now that I think about it my son did the same thing with his.

Just haven't ordered any and wallfarts is the only place around here that sells it and they quit carrying it (of course)
I order it by the 1,000 yard spools from tackle warehouse, it is alot cheaper and you have less waste than with the 250 yard spools.

I really need to get some more.
I normally replace all my line at least twice during the summer on all my reels, just haven't done it this year.

RUGER":1tlq4n77 said:
Dbllunger":1tlq4n77 said:

Normally I use 10 pound Seagar Red Label.
On this particular reel I was out and put mono on it.
Now that I think about it my son did the same thing with his.

Just haven't ordered any and wallfarts is the only place around here that sells it and they quit carrying it (of course)
I order it by the 1,000 yard spools from tackle warehouse, it is alot cheaper and you have less waste than with the 250 yard spools.

I really need to get some more.
I normally replace all my line at least twice during the summer on all my reels, just haven't done it this year.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. You know how it is. Sometimes bad crap just happens.

I have a buddy that used to say that he changes his line out every 5 years or so whether it needs it or not. Amazing how many fish he used to lose. I finally got through to him and he does much better now.

Latest posts

Back