• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Rain chance

Well, all of the models are now forecasting the Depression in the Guld to move up into West TN in the Thurs-Sat range. Which scares me. Once all the models agree it is a near guarantee it won't happen!

Now I'm in a quandary. Reseed in advance of this rain?

Well, all of the models are now forecasting the Depression in the Guld to move up into West TN in the Thurs-Sat range. Which scares me. Once all the models agree it is a near guarantee it won't happen!

Now I'm in a quandary. Reseed in advance of this rain?
I'm going to decide tomorrow. Tues & Wed are the only days I can go before leaving for WY. I guess the worst case is that we finish planting the last 13 plots & have to overseed later. Other hand is we nail it this week, and get another system on two this fall.

Looking like Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday all have rain chances for here.

Can't believe with the rain we had last Saturday and Sunday, that we have zero germination yet.

Looking like Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday all have rain chances for here.

Can't believe with the rain we had last Saturday and Sunday, that we have zero germination yet.
Us as well. Either A) the seed was eaten by turkey; or B) the heat/drought killed the seed.

I have to be out-of-town Wednesday through Sunday, so Monday and Tuesday are my only day to reseed. I'll make a decision tomorrow morning.

Us as well. Either A) the seed was eaten by
I'm sure we lost some seed to turkeys, saw feathers and a dust bowl at the end of the plot. I had a few spots I had done some dirt work that I dropped some oats on, all the seed there was gone.

I may overseed some Thursday morning.

I'm sure we lost some seed to turkeys, saw feathers and a dust bowl at the end of the plot. I had a few spots I had done some dirt work that I dropped some oats on, all the seed there was gone.

I may overseed some Thursday morning.
I've got video of waves of turkey working across the plots, scratching and pecking away. I hate those things (turkey) in fall.

Gonna wait to see what this tropical low does... it just may save the 5ac we planted 2w ago. Still have 15a waiting to plant, but if this tropical system doesn't dissipate, will go ahead and plant everything left end of week.

Part of me wishes we would stay dry. I have water and young fresh native browse that will pull deer for a mile. Just hate having $1300 in seed sitting in the barn

4.75" since Aug 1, all but .15" in last nine days. Finally getting germination on the 13 we planted second week of August, throw & mow.

Attachments

• IMG_20240908_212119.webp
    IMG_20240908_212119.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back