• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Rain chance

I'm going to be heading west shortly. Barring any equipment breakdowns, I'm hoping to get it all done tomorrow. I was planning on fertilizing Thursday morning, but the rain may beat me to it. I may just have to fertilize later.
IMG_1135.webp

This is a real possibility for west TN.

The worst food plot year I ever had was a few years ago when I got 13 inches of rain the week after planting. Most of my plots are low and they went completely underwater. Total failure that year, and too wet to replant.
We would need a Biblical flood for my plots to go under! My plots are all 300 feet above the adjoining bottomlands.

Well loaded up. Will be in the ground in the morning. If the weather people are wrong about this. I do believe I'll come up with new cuss words. We did have to set our drill 3 notches down to get it to the depth we need. Those that are working up ground I hope you have some heavy duty disc, bogs, or tillers.

Well loaded up. Will be in the ground in the morning. If the weather people are wrong about this. I do believe I'll come up with new cuss words. We did have to set our drill 3 notches down to get it to the depth we need. Those that are working up ground I hope you have some heavy duty disc, bogs, or tillers.
Better check it often, the number one failure of seeds is planting to deep

We got ours loaded and calibrated. Aiming for 6 acres to be done in the morning. Luckily we noticed the drive shaft for the small seed box was loose - who knows how long that's been loose 😳. Chains have been lined and sprayed. Ready to go now. Will plant the rest next week

I didn't get around to spraying, but with the drought the field is pretty thin. I'm just going to broadcast wheat and crimson and mow it down low tomorrow after work and hope for the best.

Hopefully we will get what there calling for on the East side. If we would just get 1/2 inch I would be happy. We definitely aren't gonna get hit like those of you in the west end looks like

Latest posts

Back