• Help Support TNDeer:

Really Scary River Risk . . . . .

I think I saw something about an earthquake in Oklahoma the other day. Wonder if that might have been an after effect of it.

I guess that could happen on the White river. Never had thought about it happening in a river in that part of the country. There are a lot of caves over there, so I guess it is possible anywhere.

It was actually the Spring River in northern Arkansas. My wife and I canoed that river many times back in the day when I was a courting her. Beautiful river and I have never even heard of something like this happening before. I guess it makes sense that it could with all the limestone caves and what not in this part of the country.

cbhunter":3oszdxdr said:
https://youtu.be/a7cOSzEKvrQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember seeing that one before.
I always wondered how "natural" that was due to the floating "barrier" that was around it and what appears to be land clearing in the area.
Very wild though.

back before TVA installed the dam systems there used to be whirlpools on several spots of the TN river. my grandfather even told me of one near Coffee landing when he was a kid where some folks drowned.

sad for this guy, had to be horrifying.

Yeah that is scary, we were kayaking the white river when this happened as we normally do spring river, one of our friends has a cabin on the river at Sadler falls right in the bend of dead mans curve, haven't had a chance to talk to him yet though

Long story short I was fishing the Cumberland river one calm morning when all heck broke loose in the water close to me. Scared the crap out of me because I couldn't figure out what was going on. Turns out I was near the water intake for the water department. When the intake gets clogged with sticks and debris they blow it out with air....... and a lot of it. If my 20'bass boat would have been setting directly over top of it it would have went under is how much air they use. I will never forget that.
I have often wondered about a sinkhole opening up under water and what would happen. Very unfortunate for the kayaker.

Latest posts

Back