• Help Support TNDeer:

Specific bucks

W.Seay

I have a buck I let walk at 30 yards last rifle season, he was a solid 135" 8 point. I hope to get a crack at him this year as a 5.5 yr old! Does anyone else have a specific buck they are after this year?

Yep If he is still around I will try to kill one I call spots. He was first seen in 2007. I let him go as 3.5 year old in 2009, did not see him in 2010. And let him go last year because I did not realize it was him until it was to late. He does not have much for antlers, but if I'm able to kill him I would consider him one of my best trophies. He will be at least 6.5 next year if he is still around.

Here are some pics of him last year.

PICT4438.jpg

PICT5452.jpg

PICT5453.jpg

I have several pics of bucks that we didn't take last season that will be 4 or 5 this year but its only my 2nd year on thsi place so no real history with them.

I would like to think this buck is still alive (he was 6 1/2 last year). He's been hanging around my place since 2009:

buck1106f.jpg

I hope this guy is still around. He was 4 1/2 last year:

buck1114i.jpg

An although he is nothing special antlerwide, I have a long history with this buck (4 1/2 last year). I've been watching him since he was 2 1/2 and I missed an opportunity to kill him as a small-antlered 3 1/2 year-old early in MZ season in 2010:

buck1123e.jpg

The 3rd pic BSK. He's got some very nice mass. Good luck. I will post pics later. I haven't been seeing to many older age class buck on the farm in Decatur county. Or getting pics. But I'm sure they are there. That's what happens when u got 200 acers in clear cut that's 15 years old

I walked up on this buck last season with a doe and NO GUN! Got out of a faculty meeting and wanted to see what had been bushhogged during the day; had him at 40 yards for over an hour.

Put up a trail cam and sure enough was blessed to get this picture. I assume he is 4.5 + in the picture; putting back up the cameras soon hopefully we will meet again.

2012-01-05_16-14-45_277.jpg

This one will be 4.5 this season if still alive. He spent alot of time on my place as a 2.5 yr old but very little time as a 3.5 yr old so Im not sure if he will be back around or not.
DSC02598.jpg

Some TRULY awesome deer. But not because of score, for all will PALE in comparison to their equal aged mid-western counterpart cousins. But the skill it takes to kill one of these mature bucks it where the rubber meets the road.

And there are PLENTY of these deer scattered ALL OVER Tennessee RIGHT NOW.

EVEN with a THREE BUCK LIMIT!!!

But as BSK and others have eluded to, when they hit 4.5, hunting them successfully is an ENTIRELY different matter for MOST hunters.

I have a couple of bucks I have been after for a couple years. My son saw one of them at 45 yards last season but that is a stretch for us with our bows, in hardwoods.

I have a good idea on him in early season, we will see.

Another buck is a spindly racked non-typical I have video of from 3 years runnin. I passed him two different times. If he shows up this year, I won't pass. But it is public land so we'll see.

THe best bucks I have killed (to me) are old, public land bucks. But the most impressive racks are 4.5 and younger public land mid-western bucks. And all but 1 of these is 3.5 or younger.

(the only exception is a huge 5.5 year old Tennessee Public Land buck a coon hunter told me about in '09)

I've always loved a huge massive 8 point, I expect the one I passed on last year should be at least 140 class due to good farm crops such as beans and corn as well as acorns. I just hope he's still on our farm!

This buck is no giant. First off, I shot his mom on the opening day of bow season in 2007. He was a button. Every pic since then, has been within 50 acres. He is a "homebody". I passed him up in 2010 as a 3 1/2. I had all intentions on shooting him. Well, the last weekend of the 2010 deer season as a 3 1/2, I had him at 25 yards for over 45 minutes. He was the deer I was after, though after I had him in my crosshairs, he was much smaller than I had thought (from pics). It was a big disappointment as thats the one I had zoned in on all season, had him in my scope, and I had NO desire to shoot him (my standards). So in 2011 as a 4 1/2, I had him within 20 yards, but didnt have a shot due to the lighting. Hopefully he will show up this 2012 season as a 5 1/2. I have this deer narrowed down more than any oher deer I have ever targeted. It will be a big disappointment or a HUGE success. He probably wont score but 115" this year as a 5 1/2, but he will mean more to me than any 130"+ deer.

2 1/2

IM000056.jpg

3 1/2

PICT0573.jpg

Next two are as a 4 1/2

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Latest posts

Back