Walmart and bait

cecil30-30

I wish walmart would be required to post big signs beside their huge baiting section,along side there feeders and corn, that hunting over bait is illegal in the state of TN.Its such a crock,You can't tell me that the folks who are buying these feeders and corn and other bait products right now don't intend to hunt over it.It makes me sick.

mike243

1 day soon there will be enuf folks wanting the edge that baiting makes to get it legalized.the hunters will suffer im afraid.i wont join in

cecil30-30

mike243 said:
1 day soon there will be enuf folks wanting the edge that baiting makes to get it legalized.the hunters will suffer im afraid.i wont join in
I know what you mean Mike,every hunting show you see on tv,they are either hunting over a big bait pile,or they are useing a product like acorn rage..Its truly sad that its coming to this.

Football Hunter

mike243 said:
I think,and hope TWRA won't let this happen.So much is known now about disease spread.

PLUS!!!!!! Corn is so expensive now,and I bet will get more expensive.I would hate to feel like I needed to buy corn to keep up with the neighbors.

THAT WOULD SUCK!

Mag

2-Step Enabled
....and a sign over cold meds that says making meth is illegal and a sign over guns saying shooting people is illegal and one over grow lights that says growing pot is illegal......come on, where does it stop? :)

cecil30-30

Mag said:
....and a sign over cold meds that says making meth is illegal and a sign over guns saying shooting people is illegal and one over grow lights that says growing pot is illegal......come on, where does it stop? :)
Come on seriously,they only sell Feeders,corn and other bait products during deer season..No other time of the year.

Shed Hunter

cecil30-30 said:
Mag said:
Come on seriously,they only sell Feeders,corn and other bait products during deer season..No other time of the year.

They don't sell only during season but it doesn't matter anyways. It's not like it takes a genius to figure out tractor supply and co-op will have corn.

I go to school with tons of kids who admit to baiting. It's a sad fact but irbid what it is.

Doskil

mike243 said:

Baiting does not give you an edge unless you are hunting in the middle of a mature forest with no mast or browse. Most of those areas are on public lands anyway.

Deer usually come into bait at night not during the day when hunting is legal anyway.

If you want corn for your deer to eat, you can always plant some in a food plot.

mike243

Go to the trail camera forum & look at some pictures then get back to us on the mature forest & only at nite comment lol

JGreg

I use corn this time of year to get pics and see what deer are in my area. Yes I get tons of pics and most are in the daylight hours. I also have a 60 acre corn field that I leave standing all season really there is not much difference in the 2 just the pile is concentrated for picture purposes. I will not hunt over bait, make sure all corn is gone 14 days before season even though the law says 10. So not all of us are using it to help our chances to kill a deer.

Doskil

mike243 said:
Go to the trail camera forum & look at some pictures then get back to us on the mature forest & only at nite comment lol

That might work outside of hunting season but the minute you enter the woods to hunt under corn piles deer will largely become nocturnal. Mature bucks are rarely killed over bait.

Scent control is a big deal in putting out and hunting over bait.

mike243

if it didnt work nobody would be baiting,now having folks brag about killing 1 over bait vs being the great white hunter which story are they going to pass around?

rem270

cecil30-30 said:
Mag said:

Its no difference in hunting over a crop field or a food plot.

REN

good gosh why does this same topic come up every year. You can buy the same stuff at the co op as well. Who cares, if someone is gonna bait they are going to bait its that simple. It makes no difference if it is sold at walmart during deer season.

cecil30-30

REN said:
good gosh why does this same topic come up every year. You can buy the same stuff at the co op as well. Who cares, if someone is gonna bait they are going to bait its that simple. It makes no difference if it is sold at walmart during deer season.
I'll tell you why,because everytime I see it,which is during deer season it just tics me off..Even at the co-op and tractor supply they don't sell the deer feeders any other time of the year.They only start selling them right before season opens. But I do agree,if someone is going to bait,they'll bait..

Latest posts