Walmart and bait

birddog

Lets all get together as a hunting community and file a lawsuit against Walmart for putting our wildlife in harms way since we all know how unhealthy feeding the deer is to the heard. Seriously look what's it done to ky heard. It's terrible just simply terrible ;)

Doskil

But Wal Mart only gets the corn and feeders at deer hunting time.

Heck I think the corn they sell has a picture of a deer on it even.

BHC

The reason they only sell it during the season is because that's when it's bought. It's legal in tn to have feed out anyway just can't hunt over it..

droptyne

redblood said:
THE LIABILITY SHOULD BE ON THE BAITER, NOT THE STORE THAT SUPPLIES THE BAIT

X2.... I see that stuff at Wally world and shake my head, but to each thier own. And I don't believe that everyone that buys it uses it illegally. The people that do use it illegally, well I'm sure that TWRA will eventually meet up with them.

Food Plot 101

Its no difference in hunting over a crop field or a food plot. [/quote]

Seriously? This is your logic? I'm going to go out on a limb and bet you probably hunt KY over a big pile of yeller akerns. You obviously have never planted a crop in a field or food plot. Lord have mercy......
By the way, I'm not in favor of baiting.

TNDeerGuy

Food Plot 101 said:
Its no difference in hunting over a crop field or a food plot.

Seriously? This is your logic? I'm going to go out on a limb and bet you probably hunt KY over a big pile of yeller akerns. You obviously have never planted a crop in a field or food plot. Lord have mercy......
By the way, I'm not in favor of baiting.

There is very little to no differnce in hunting over a 1 acre food plot in the middle of the woods than there is hunting over a pile of corn�the only difference in hunting over the plot is the fact that it makes the person "feel" better due to the fact that they have put work into create an area that is unnatural and entices deer to alter their travel routes to come to that specific area. A 25-100+ acre ag field is completely different from that 1 acre "plot" in the woods. In all my years I have never seen small patches of brassicas, wheat, clover, etc... growing wild in the woods

jb3

I use to buy it all the time. Spread 100 lbs of it over a 5000 sf area right behind my house all fall/winter long. I loved to sit and watch'em. It was for viewing only.

BMan

Mag said:
....and a sign over cold meds that says making meth is illegal and a sign over guns saying shooting people is illegal and one over grow lights that says growing pot is illegal......come on, where does it stop? :)
X2

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
MUP said:
I really take pride that I don't "bait", and, by that I mean no food plots either. I just try to hunt nature's food sources...and the rut! :)

X2. Even though I have access to only small parcel of private land, I choose not to plant food plots for the same reason... woodsmanship and nature.

MUP

EastTNHunter said:
MUP said:
I really take pride that I don't "bait", and, by that I mean no food plots either. I just try to hunt nature's food sources...and the rut! :)

X2. Even though I have access to only small parcel of private land, I choose not to plant food plots for the same reason... woodsmanship and nature.

Same here, with only a small parcel of private land to hunt(all wooded) I choose to hunt the natural food sources, and that also keeps good cover for the deer as well. ;)

Food Plot 101

There is very little to no differnce in hunting over a 1 acre food plot in the middle of the woods than there is hunting over a pile of corn�the only difference in hunting over the plot is the fact that it makes the person "feel" better due to the fact that they have put work into create an area that is unnatural and entices deer to alter their travel routes to come to that specific area. A 25-100+ acre ag field is completely different from that 1 acre "plot" in the woods. In all my years I have never seen small patches of brassicas, wheat, clover, etc... growing wild in the woods [/quote]

Well I suppose that the sawtooth oaks and persimmons I plant don't occur naturally in "most" places in the woods so in a sense I guess that should be compared to baiting too? HA!

Hunter0678

mike243 said:
Lets see.50 lbs in a 4' circle or 50lbs spread over 30 acres.yep not much difference i reckon lol

So if went and spread 50lbs of corn over 30 acres I would be baiting.

I know what I kill each year and I see what the baiters kill, they spend more time at the taxidermist then I do. Frankly im all for it, the more shows I see and the bigger the deer they kill every year. I say put feeders every 100 yards.

Fast Learner

Heres my question. Why does it bother you so bad if someone puts out corn legal or illegal? It doesnt make them any less of a hunter or outdoorsman. If so i propose everyone that is bowhunting whittle out a bow, turn down some cedar shafts, make there own broadheads out of flint, and raise a turkey for fletchings.I mostly hunt in KY where it is legal although i dont put corn out. Tried it and honestly it doesnt make a difference. Where does it end? We are all sportsman who share in a common thread of spending time outdoors. Quit being so closed minded that you cant just accept things arent like they used to be.

rem270

Hunter0678 said:
mike243 said:
Lets see.50 lbs in a 4' circle or 50lbs spread over 30 acres.yep not much difference i reckon lol

So if went and spread 50lbs of corn over 30 acres I would be baiting.

I know what I kill each year and I see what the baiters kill, they spend more time at the taxidermist then I do. Frankly im all for it, the more shows I see and the bigger the deer they kill every year. I say put feeders every 100 yards.

I hunt Ky and can bait if i want. I put probably the last of my corn i will put out this past Sat but i have yet to get 1 shooter buck on cam this yr so far. My dad had 2 shooters traveling together come to his for 2 days in a row but nothing since.
Last year i didnt put the first kernel out and got pics of 5 different shooters.

Just because you put corn or any other bait dont mean your going to have a big buck come running to it everyday.

Cant believe the way some people think. Not talking about you just other people in general

KPH

gator-n-buck said:
It seems to help produce big bucks in KY. All this time the one buck limit guys thought buck limits is what producted big bucks in KY.... :D
I bet if we can get a certen group beliveing this they will lobby to get baiting legal.

Latest posts