• Help Support TNDeer:

2020 Fort Campbell Season

Doe #2 and the Savage 212 did it's thing. It was about a 70lb deer(dressed) but that Hornady SST 300gr slug went thru both shoulders with the exit hole being the same size as the entrance. I don't know it that is good or bad. The shoulders felt pretty busted up too.
Now it's on to the Shadow NXT or the Evoke 31.

Attachments

• 2020doe2.JPG
    2020doe2.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 639
Got one from my 212 yesterday, took the Benelli SBE 2 out today but no dice. Once I get one with the Benelli going to the Stealth NXT. I am trying to do the same thing has MEDWC, but I don't own a muzzleloader.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rakkin6":1k0xtuag said:
but I don't own a muzzleloader.

Congrats on the doe.

Muzzleloader.com HAD some pretty good deals a couple months ago(I want to say they have a military discount too but don't quote me on that) and you can find bullets, powder and primers for them. ;)

This morning I found that Barnes has a VOR-TX Expander Tipped Slug(12 and 20ga). Can't find them available online anywhere but mailed Barnes for some info.

medwc":14ymol5i said:
Rakkin6":14ymol5i said:

Congrats on the doe.

Muzzleloader.com HAD some pretty good deals a couple months ago(I want to say they have a military discount too but don't quote me on that) and you can find bullets, powder and primers for them. ;)

This morning I found that Barnes has a VOR-TX Expander Tipped Slug(12 and 20ga). Can't find them available online anywhere but mailed Barnes for some info.
Nice I used to love the Federal Barnes Expanders Tips. But they stopped making them. They were accurate and devastating on deer.

Rakkin6":3pkzegso said:
medwc":3pkzegso said:
Rakkin6":3pkzegso said:

Congrats on the doe.

Nice I used to love the Federal Barnes Expanders Tips. But they stopped making them. They were accurate and devastating on deer.

Oh by the way thanks for the info on the ML. Just needed a reason to buy another gun. [emoji3]

lol,,, the smell of euro.

I am headed to LBL for the next 10 days or so. No internet up there in the hollar I'll be staying at.
Good luck yall.

Attachments

• euro2020.JPG
    euro2020.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 521
Antler Daddy":5vso3kho said:
Jumping through all the hoops to MAYBE hunt an area you don't know for 8 hours is crazy. People be a lot happier chasing tail elsewhere!

A little aggravating trying to get an area we wanted but it was nice to see and hunt somewhere different. We had a good time and saw a lot of deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had a slow night in 4...I didn't expect the creek to be bone dry. Very different from when I scouted it in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone else hear about someone falling out of their treestand last night on post? If this is true I pray they are alright

Latest posts

Back