• Help Support TNDeer:

Electric pole-saws

BSK

Anyone using an electric pole chainsaw for cutting shooting lanes around stands? I've been looking at them for this purpose, but there a ton of them and don't know if they are a worthwhile purchase. What say you?

Anyone using an electric pole chainsaw for cutting shooting lanes around stands? I've been looking at them for this purpose, but there a ton of them and don't know if they are a worthwhile purchase. What say you?
I'll be following this. I'm in the same boat as you are BSK. Gas Stihl one I have will give you a beating using it all day.

I have a dewalt one that I think is ok. It has removable sections which sometimes gives me a bad connection, but it is nice to take out that 4' is when not needed. It will cut until your tired on a good 6ah battery. lol.

I have a 20v Craftsman 14' pole saw I got on sale at Home Depot for $100. It comes in 3 pieces. It is nice being able to use it at smaller sizes than just 14'. Overall I have been very pleased with it. If you are doing a lot of trimmer with it at 14' it will give your forearms and shoulders quite the work out. When trimming limbs from my ladder stand I would have to reach out to get some limbs. When you do this if put all the weight of holding the 14' trimmer on your wrists and forearms.
I have used mine a lot and would not want to get rid of it.

I have two Harbor Freight ones, bought the new one to replace the old one but repaired the old one so new one stays in the box. I can't recommend them enough; they are very good at clearing lanes and felling much larger trees than what it should be capable of. You need a generator though, but a 2k genny does great with it. Figured for the price if I could get two or three seasons, it was worth it, been almost 10 years and still going, even have the original chain, though sharpened a few times.

My dad has a Kobalt brand one and it works really good.

I have a Kobalt cordless weedeater and it does great. I know that's not what you were asking about but price wise in the Kobalt brand they seem pretty solid.

We have the extendable stihl pole saw and it does fine. But bought a Milwaukee because that's the batteries we have for tool and its nice it's only 10 ft so there limitations but I like it. All of them are a work out if used for any amount of time.

I have a green works brand, and it has cut more than I would have ever guessed. It needs a new chain right now, but it's paid for itself with what ive done with it. @BSK for someone like yourself, you will get the use out of one to justify buying a high quality brand. If you have cordless tools, see if your brand has one so can use same batteries.

I have a 60V Torro . 1 tool and several different attachments. Pruning saw blade and a chainsaw blade. My arms and shoulders give out before the battery does.

I have a cheap black and decker 20v electric chainsaw and pole saw. Seems like when I got it there was not many options for electric. The only issue I have had was one of the battery went bad.

I like the electric saws because they are light weight I just pack them in a backpack with a few battery packs and I am good. No lugging around a can of gas or heavy saws. I can't remember how long I have had them but I think 8-10 years now with lots of use each season and no issues.

If they ever give out I do plan on switching to what Toro offers. I have a few of their other tools for around the house and they work well. The only downside would be with the 60v battery they would be a lot heavier than what I have now.

I assume you mean battery powered. I used a 40V greenworks for years and it finally bit the dust. They had changed the battery type so I couldn't buy a new one. Switched to Ryobi and so far it works fine. I was actually able to buy a Ryobi weedeater and just use the pole saw part from an old 4 stroke that no longer ran (shaft has a connection for interchanging components). It was an 8 inch and I have since purchased the 10 inch head which seems more heavy duty. I also have a 40v Ryobi chainsaw and it works great as well. Not sure I would use these commercially but for my purposes they suit my needs just fine. I also purchaed a Ryobi 4 gallon backpack sprayer. I've only used it a couple of times but so far so good. All of these run on the same 40v batteries.

Latest posts

Back