• Help Support TNDeer:

Interesting discussion video on Asian carp with Frank Fiss

Re: Interesting discussion video on Asian carp with Frank Fi

bluball":32ud50n3 said:
WTM":32ud50n3 said:
its hard to keep them out regardless, they are survivors. the mississippi is better for spawns because of the higher current strength. they require at least 2 mph current and a 50 mile length of water to successfully spawn so there would be very few places on the Tennessee system for them to spawn, if the research is correct on spawning month of june. my hope is there will be enough commercial interest in them to cut them in half and the other half will die out. pipe dream i know but just maybe.

they really need to put the hammer down on live bait transport if they have a successful spawn as well. people need to be aware of the differences between carp and shad, along with cleaning their boats and motors to combat the zebra mussel.
What about the duck,you think theres enough current there

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

may very well be but whether the eggs make it to fry is another. they have been found spawning in smaller and slower rivers than previously thought but whether they make it to adulthood is unknown. one thing for sure is the fact they can adapt very quickly to their environment.

im still hoping, we need another kill off or 10 like what happened at barkley and kentucky.

Re: Interesting discussion video on Asian carp with Frank Fi

with the rain and channel current we have had this week, i fear it will be angood year for the asian carp spawn. i hope im wrong.

Latest posts

Back