• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Rain chance

Dad and I got out 1250# of seed yesterday (daylight to dark). Now just hoping it doesn't turn out dry after this rain...
Have a good feeling on this fall. Planted 13 plots the second week of August & the seed laid under thatch for 3 weeks. Got good rains Labor Day weekend and now those are about 4" tall. Got remainder done this week & perfect rain now. Atlantic is getting active & there's fronts starting to line up in the Pacific Northwest, as well as cooler weather.

Good thing too as didn't see a single white or chestnut acorn past 3 days. Did see a few reds though.

Have a good feeling on this fall. Planted 13 plots the second week of August & the seed laid under thatch for 3 weeks. Got good rains Labor Day weekend and now those are about 4" tall. Got remainder done this week & perfect rain now. Atlantic is getting active & there's fronts starting to line up in the Pacific Northwest, as well as cooler weather.

Good thing too as didn't see a single white or chestnut acorn past 3 days. Did see a few reds though.
Our chinquapins I checked were loaded.

Walked back this morning, and have some clover coming up in a spot I did some dirt work where I tossed some seed at the same time that I initially planted oats and clover. So about 11-12 days for germination there but still didn't see any coming up in the plot, aside from a single oat chute.

Light rain falling now. Hoping to see some green very soon.

yes, hooking west more than I was hoping for... 0.07" so far east of Nashville on my place.

I did pick up almost 4 inches at my house in South MS yesterday/ overnight which was much needed

It misted today for a bit at my place and they basically removed rain from the ten day forecast except for 0.07 in for tomorrow. Glad I took a day off to broadcast seed on a broke foot...

Well forecast got my my hopes up again just sprinkled for 30 minutes and now they have taken most the rain chances out of the forecast for me in the East. You guys in the west soaked it all up I guess

Well forecast got my my hopes up again just sprinkled for 30 minutes and now they have taken most the rain chances out of the forecast for me in the East. You guys in the west soaked it all up I guess
My turkeys are excited about the changed forecast.
1000014676.webp

It misted today for a bit at my place and they basically removed rain from the ten day forecast except for 0.07 in for tomorrow. Glad I took a day off to broadcast seed on a broke foot...
Could be worse. You could just sit and watch it all go about 5 miles west of your property. We are right on I65 and that seems about the east/west line… Aggravating.

Latest posts

Back