• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Rain

Got another .5 inch yesterday and the beans I planted Wednesday have popped out the ground I broadcast those and was concerned about the heavy rain uncovering them but they seem to germinate good . Gonna hit them with some 0-24-24 soon and hope the give me some green around my sportsman condo

Some of the weather models have the middle Cumberland Plateau region getting upwards of 6" over the next two weeks.

We're getting little showers here and there; dries up within 30 minutes or so; not much account of water. Most of it is falling south of the border or north of the county. :(

The region south of Nashville, towards Franklin and Columbia, sure has been getting a lot of rain.
Radar is deceiving. We missed a lot that showed like rain and never hit the ground. Columbia and spring hill are burnt up. Very north west of maury county has gotten a decent amount.

Radar is deceiving. We missed a lot that showed like rain and never hit the ground. Columbia and spring hill are burnt up. Very north west of maury county has gotten a decent amount.
My dad lives in the Del Webb community at Spring Hill and he's had a ton of rain. But it certainly is hit and miss.

I think my 5-6 acres of corn I planted July 2 is toast. Not sure this rain can even save it. Oh well, it happens. Improvise, persevere , overcome.
Worst corn year in 15 years for me. 5 miles up the road it's fine. I'm just in a spot that every single shower/pop up has missed. No soaking rain on my place since mid May right before I planted. Corn came up but then it got bad dry and hot. Oh well.

Worst corn year in 15 years for me. 5 miles up the road it's fine. I'm just in a spot that every single shower/pop up has missed. No soaking rain on my place since mid May right before I planted. Corn came up but then it got bad dry and hot. Oh well.
Same as me. I drilled it and enough moisture got it to come up then no rain . It's toast

Finally! Getting some good rain here several inches the other day and it's been raining for a half hour now pretty heavy rain too. Food pot was toast last week but maybe the weeds will grow better. Even the Ragweed looked rough a week or so back.

Long-range weather models have this wet pattern of daily scattered afternoon storms lasting until about Aug 5.
What are models showing in regard to return of late summer/fall drought like past two years?

Trying to plan fall plantings and I'd rather leave our summer plots in place than hunt over dirt fields for another year.

Long-range weather models have this wet pattern of daily scattered afternoon storms lasting until about Aug 5.
Not that I have much faith in long range forecasts, happened to glance at AccuWeather 45 day one this morning & it only showed a few days making it into low 90s thru early Sept. Most were high 80s.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back