• Help Support TNDeer:

Wilson County 12

midTNmoose

This guy has been showing up about once a week. This is only daylight pictures. Any guess on age?
1000004816.webp
1000004807.webp

Attachments

• 1000004810.webp
    1000004810.webp
    885.8 KB · Views: 1
Here's an interesting publication aging deer in Tennessee based on number of antler points. One of the points made it:

The best habitat property I work with in TN has an average of 26% of 2 1/2 year-old bucks with 9 or more points. However, that's extremely abnormal. Another nearby property is only 9%. My own property, over the last 20 years, has been 7.2%. But most woodland habitat properties in TN run 5% or less.

The best habitat property I work with in TN has an average of 26% of 2 1/2 year-old bucks with 9 or more points. However, that's extremely abnormal. Another nearby property is only 9%. My own property, over the last 20 years, has been 7.2%. But most woodland habitat properties in TN run 5% or less.
I wonder, too, when reading this if it may be a bit dated being almost 20 years old. Even though the soils and genetics haven't changed significantly, the impacts of management practices have. If a person does have any significant amount of property to manage, investing in spring/summer nutrition/minerals would likely have a good ROI. I'd imagine even doing proper soil amendments on spring/summer food sources would have an discernable impact. Its also interesting that the author noted a genetic advantage in the areas around Scott, Morgan and Campbell counties.

Back